rear rack/bag options wanted

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
i plan on doing the coast to coast ride in a few months time......anyone using racks and bags that are worth shouting about?

dont fancy carrying spare clothes and supplies on my back.

Blackburn mtn rack is the stapple of many a tourer.. If you have the cash tubus are nice. VFM option is bor yeuh. Salsa and Surly also have some nice solid looking racks. For something a bit different have a look at velo orange and rivendell.

forgot to add, its for the spaceframe....and the design of the rear is different from most rigid bikes.

it does have rear rack mounts though, fitted as an extra.

08052010796.jpg

satiopics010-1.jpg

Looks like a tricky fit :? not sure. It would be a shame to simply fit those seatpost mounted ones.

kaiser":32yzf0ys said:
Looks like a tricky fit :? not sure. It would be a shame to simply fit those seatpost mounted ones.

i was planning on custom Ti racks from Jeff but the customs charges and wait for his work is shocking. getting a bike is bad enough, cant find any pics of these fitted with bags.

kaiser":krn4l8er said:
Blackburn mtn rack is the stapple of many a tourer.. If you have the cash tubus are nice. VFM option is bor yeuh. Salsa and Surly also have some nice solid looking racks. For something a bit different have a look at velo orange and rivendell.

Im with Kaiser on this, Blackburn may not be the most expensive but it
ain't bad either. My old one survived 80+ miles of torture this year doing
coast to coast with ma posse :LOL: on a ridged Kona and you wont
encounter any worse than we did. I also own Tubus racks as well but not
used off road "yet" ;)
The Blackburn (Might) have the range of adjustment to fit your frame???

Back