Spray painting?

I_am_iron_man, any chance of pm ing me some contact details for the guy that media blasted the frame for £10? Need to get my kona stripped down and hull isnt to far to go from leeds (when im up there)

Re: evo2

i-am-iron-man":2se12dvl said:
I was going to get the original stem coated in the same colour to make it look really cheeky (Orange were supplying matching stems the year I bought this) but *someone* stripped a thread so I ended up dropping it in the bin.

You can fix this sort of think, if a helicoil is too expensive or impractical then drill it out, countersink the outside and insert a rivnut. Avalible from any good nut & bolt supplier. Rivnuts are designed to spread as they are done up so the end result is a fixed thread in the item! :D

You can also get enamel and flam finishes done by framebuilders - Vaz finishess in Essex are particularly good.

Flams paint the frame silver, then apply a transparent (coloured coat) and then layers of lacquer. You get a really deep metallic colour - it's the same technique as done really special custom cars (i.e. not hopped up Saxos.)

I did it on a Pine Mountain, and it looks really, really special.

Whatever you do, avoid car paint and car sprayers. Car paint chips too easily and car sprayers are very good at large flat expanses but find it hard to do tubing - usually because their guns are too big.

Do it Yourself

If you fancy having a go yourself, buy an Airbrush and mini compressor, then use a decent enamel over an anti chip primer. You apply such thin coats you end up doing a really top job, as it dried quickly and avoids runs. then build up coats of a flexible anti-chip lacquer.

I've got this gathering dust if anyone's interested.

NIB Top of the range Badger airbrush & mini compressor. Well over £200's worth

DSCN1939.jpg

DSCN1936.jpg

Would take bike related trades! :D

Swaps

Swap it for a nice shiny pair of purple Bottle cage bolts :D :D :D .They are bike related!
Got a nice pair of NOS Rockshox Quadras, A pair of Marzocchi XCR retro air forks. A Raleigh Dynatech, un used frame in 16.5 inch (Easton main Tubes & Chromo lugs and rear triangle) A USE mtb in line Titanium Seat pin (25.0mm shims for anything you need) with Red Clamp (these are £100 new) A nice Ringle Silver Ahead inch and an eighth silver stem 130/10 deg, a pair of Titanium Flat bars(20 inch) Loads of folding tyres. Various anodised bolts/chainring/bottlecage/rear mech etc
Any of this to your liking?

That's an interesting idea Cheerybomb, but I don't think I can justify shelling out for a spray gun and compressor for this which I hope is a one-off

I think seeking a local powdercoaters will probably be the best (and cheapest) option.

I've taken a couple of pics of my bike in progress. Well the frame as I took the wheels of, and am in the process of dismantling it. I just need to figure out how to send pics via e-mail from my phone (or locate the USB cable which went missing when I moved :? )

Back