NWA Rides in 2011. Suggestions please.

I've ridden Gatesgarth, Nan Bield and parts of Garburn Pass before. I say ridden, particularly in respect of Nan Bield, which involves more pushing than riding on the way up from the Haweswater end.
The descent heading south from the summit is fantastic though and goes on for a few miles back towards Kentmere.

I've not been up there for a while though and the last time I did I was in about 2003 riding my 97 Bravado.

Some good suggestions coming in. We'll definitely go for a Lakes rides away from the Ambleside area at some point, and we'll need to make sure we leave several weeks either side of the BDW III too.

Perhaps March/April time...?

Keep those ideas coming!

The Settle to Malham loop is one i've been meaning to try. I'd also be more than happy to run a Farleton ride if there was sufficient interest.

Return trips to Whinlatter, Macc Forest and Gisburn are a must too.

sinnett177":1stjj4jy said:
The Settle to Malham loop is one i've been meaning to try

something around this area?

The-Settle-Loop-Map.jpg
[/quote]

HarryCrumb":j7t1vgcq said:
sinnett177":j7t1vgcq said:
The Settle to Malham loop is one i've been meaning to try

something around this area?

The-Settle-Loop-Map.jpg
[/quote]
That looks like the loop. I've heard good things about it. Good trails and stunning scenery.

Did this route in the summer from Langcliffe, anti-clockwise... great views of the pavement atop Malham Cove. Can add on a few bits around the tarn too or part of Mastiles Lane.

A few pics from the ride....

P1020241.jpg

P1020242.jpg

P1020244.jpg

We'll definitely get the Settle to Malham loop in at some point and I really like the idea of the Kentmere area in the Lakes. I've ridden there and the area hosted a round of the NEMBA series back in the early 90's.

We'll save them for later in the year though for more clement weather.

We need to decide on an all weather route for a January ride soon, bearing in mind though that we'll need to keep the weekend of the 22nd/23rd clear so as not to clash with the RB National Event at Thetford.

UPDATE: I'm liaising with Dr S over in the NE&Yorks about a Dales ride they have planned for February.
The date has yet to be confirmed and will be dependant on the date of the rearranged 'Turkey Twizzler', but I've suggested the Settle to Malham loop as an option.

I'll update further as soon as possible...

Subject to our deps being available Paul, we are going for saturday the 19th for our Settle ride.

Sounds good Si. With the rescheduled Turkey Twizzler on the 12th I'm happy to go with that.
I think between us we should be able to do a great job.

Any objections?

Back