2011 Specialized Camber Elite

Scarlett

Dirt Disciple
my new ride....

DSCF0852.jpg

I was lucky enough to get it through my companies cycle to work scheme, got out a few times before the snow and LOVED it. Making a few adjustments now - saddle, grips etc - and hoping to get some weight off it too. Also got my eyes on some shiny, and lovely and light, wheels and other anodised bits.

Also means my 'old-skool' GT can have an easier life as a commuter :)

Roll on the light nights and better weather!

Thanks guys.... I can't explain how happy I am with it. I had planned to get the womens Myka FSR but they didnt have my size in the last of the 2010 stock so I hung on for the 2011 launch, thankfully I got the chance to sit on a Myka and HATED it with a passion, tried the Camber, loved it and got it a few days later through my companies C2W scheme. It's probably far more bike than I need but it's making me raise my game and I cant wait to get it out to Affan etc.

Currently compiling a shopping list of parts I need to make her more 'mine'. Have swapped out the saddle for a black one, am planning a black stem to get rid of the white one, some darker coloured pedals etc.

Component wise I'd like to lighten her as much as poss - stock bike is just over 28lb which bearing in mind my old Kona was about 23lb is a lot! Hoping the wheels can go to make way for some Superstar ones - with red hubs obviously - and Kenda tyres, will swap out the rear cassette and would quite like a narrower bar.

Long term I'd love to kit her out in the Sram x9 kit in black and red - but I think finances may not allow that for a while so will put up with what I've got for this summer and re-assess that next winter.

Will put up pics as she progresses... :)

To those that don't know - the Camber "sort of" replaces the FSR-XC. It's a bit more versatile.

LOADS of bike for your money. Effectively does the same as a lower-end Stumpjumper FSR from last year, and for a fraction of the price.'' Built one for a punter last year and was very impressed with the test-ride...

dbmtb":1nwfeshj said:
To those that don't know - the Camber "sort of" replaces the FSR-XC. It's a bit more versatile.

LOADS of bike for your money. Effectively does the same as a lower-end Stumpjumper FSR from last year, and for a fraction of the price.'' Built one for a punter last year and was very impressed with the test-ride...

Thanks for that :) I'm really hoping the Camber doesnt end up being seen as the Stumpys cheap, ugly step-sister as it has a lot to offer in it's own right.

Got some pics of her all muddy after the weekends ride - will upload and post them up :)

stock bikes look mean the last few years :cool:

dont forget, the stuff you replace can be sold on toward the new parts...

and superstar have amazing deals on wheels at the moment, not sure if that was true when you suggested buying some

Back