My first bike

Bensherman

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all I've been lurking on here for a while now mainly the mtb section. Thought i'd put a couple of photos of my road bike. I bought this in 1989 I think then like a fool sold it to put towards my first car. Saw this a few months back on Ebay bought it on a whim then found this website.
Anyway I'm blabbing on so here she is...

MB8Q1889.jpg

MB8Q1890.jpg

MB8Q1892.jpg

MB8Q1893.jpg

I haven't done anything other than to put Shimano 105 pedals on (had spd's on before).
Will be getting another White Selle Turbo for her when I can. If I remember correctly I paid £650 - £700 bitd for the bike and won't part again with her.

Cheers

Matt

Very nice, I like that colour scheme. I've only recently noticed with the Peugeots of this era - and this one shows it to advantage - how close the rear triangle and fork clearances are. Not often seen on a volume manufactured machine.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes I was amazed to see how close the clearances are. Was thinking of getting myself a new road bike and use this on nice sunny days. Do you think this would be upto performing on a regular basis. The old gent I bought it off had it from new and only got rid as he needed a triple ring for the hills by him.

Any thoughts?

Matt

Should be fine to use on a regular basis. I would!

If I didn't have so many other bikes. :roll:

Really diggin those colors. That's really cool you were able to find the same bike and all. Same colors as before?

Hi yes it's the original paintwork, mine had White bar tape instead of the black "foam" on now.

I have to say the gent that had it before took very good care of it and it's immaculate for it's age. I'll be putting a new White turbo and want some nice bar tape -any suggestions welcome. Also going to try and get some chrome toe straps and White leather Zefal Christophe straps.

Just got to find some funds. Can't wait for the weather to get better so I can go out on her.

Cheers

Matt

Back