Dunkers big bad build thread

zigzag":15ydaht0 said:
Just tuned (hacksawed and drilled) my £10 seatpost... down from 326 to 278. Now 73g lighter than the steel post I had on it originally.

Also dug out an old specialized saddle weighing in at 262g, so a saving of 33g over the Turbo... not sure if that's worth it though, saddle's a bit tatty.

Also going a bit rasta on the Fat, rather than the red, white and blue. Thinking it'll look rather Espanol.

pics needed not sure what you mean, you going to hang some tapas on the bars?

dyna-ti":1vaaczuz said:
clockworkgazz":1vaaczuz said:
you going to hang some tapas on the bars?

Furry dice would be more appropriate :p
Was thinking about some dust cap dice funnily enough.

Basically, going for red and gold (like the Spanish flag) and a splash of green, mostly because I've got it lying about and I think it'll look good with the red and gold.

decided tp pimp up my dunkers bike since it's no going to be the lightest by a long shot, going for a more bling approach, just to be tacky :LOL:

Has anyone got a scale suitable for weighing a complete bike.I dont have anything suitable to weigh it as parts :(

clockworkgazz":1nlxogfw said:
decided tp pimp up my dunkers bike since it's no going to be the lightest by a long shot, going for a more bling approach, just to be tacky :LOL:
That'll make two of us.

Dyna - digital bathroom scales. Weigh the rider, then weigh rider holding bike... You do the maths.

Random musings from the FAT camp...

- I wish I had a drill press. Even a vice would be nice.
- After hacksawing and drilling my Surly tensioner, I've saved 5g. Rapidly coming to the conclusion this may not be worth the effort. And it looks like shite.
- Some random weights... Forks plus crown race = 732g. Frame plus headset plus BB = 2,386g.
- Spreadsheet reckons bike weighed just over 23lbs previously (which doesn't tie in with the bathroom scales 22.3lbs weight from earlier). I reckon I'm looking at 19-19.5 lbs for the weenie build.

Back