Votes: 0 0.0%
  • claret73's 1994 Rock Lobster Expert

• toons' Pace RC100

• Crantinope's Pace RC200

• Total voters
Toughest month for ages I'd say. I think the quality of BOTM is really going through the roof now. Shows that the retro/vrc scene has been eating it's greens and is growing strong.

Over Stefan's dream build SOB, rojos' cool as f*ck Kona, cchris2lou's clean Litespeed, both Boulders and Gearlessinseattle's sweet hot, I finally went for maverick's Al-Mega. Just something about it.... ;)

Very interesting month!

I never followed the rojo Kona build thread (just seen it now) but that was a great effort and definitely in the spirit of RetroBike. It's also an honour to see that one of my items is featured on what is sure to be the winning horse :D

My vote actually went to mfh126's Boulder Bicycles Intrepid AL which is absolutely beautiful. Also loving wired99's 1985 Claud Butler Canyon and Sithlord's "super-cool" Look.

My finalists... the SAB, Kaiser's Fat and...my Phoenix! :shock:

I voted for myself... somebody had to do it! I mean really...only 3 votes for a Phoenix?!? I must have one ugly ass bike...or at least an ugly ass fireplace! :LOL: :D

I'm always amazed at how much attention mass production bikes get in BOTM. I guess if I ever get really serious about winning one of these polls I'll have to build up my Lava Dome after all. ;)

Pickle has some sweet rigs in his stable, but did he really enter a Rockhopper?!? :shock: ;) :p

This is going to sound harsh... the Lobster is a clean looking bike, but those Taiwan-sourced Experts were not very nice to ride. Mine was a whippy tank. :cry: There have been quite a few of those things popping up on the web recently and being considered as legit Lobsters and they should not be. Experts were a cut rate solution to broaden the market presence at a time when Bontrager Privateers and such were being brandied about. At least the Butt-Ranger was Waterloo made. :cry: Not one of Sadoff's better ideas.

utahdog2003":3l9zmnqm said:

I voted for myself... somebody had to do it! I mean really...only 3 votes for a Phoenix?!? I must have one ugly ass bike...or at least an ugly ass fireplace! :LOL: :D

I'm always amazed at how much attention mass production bikes get in BOTM. I guess if I ever get really serious about winning one of these polls I'll have to build up my Lava Dome after all. ;)

Pickle has some sweet rigs in his stable, but did he really enter a Rockhopper?!? :shock: ;) :p

This is going to sound harsh... the Lobster is a clean looking bike, but those Taiwan-sourced Experts were not very nice to ride. Mine was a whippy tank. :cry: There have been quite a few of those things popping up on the web recently and being considered as legit Lobsters and they should not be. Experts were a cut rate solution to broaden the market presence at a time when Bontrager Privateers and such were being brandied about. At least the Butt-Ranger was Waterloo made. :cry: Not one of Sadoff's better ideas.

Can't disagree with a thing you wrote. Perhaps your Phoenix didn't get more votes because it built up mostly for go, with little to no show. Finding the balance is tricky for BotM...

even if that balance is found, you might get beat by a late Kona anyway ;)

GoldenEraMTB":2d3dgbmu said:
Can't disagree with a thing you wrote. Perhaps your Phoenix didn't get more votes because it built up mostly for go, with little to no show. Finding the balance is tricky for BotM...

Can you build up a Phoenix just for show? Won't some semi-transparent pot puffing spectral phantasm cyclist from northern California show up at my door and beat me senseless with a purple Zooka stem if I do that? :shock: :LOL:

GoldenEraMTB":2ymlne9y said:
utahdog2003":2ymlne9y said:

13 posts on the one thread thats impressive, thanks for sharing you
knowledge and experience.

tough month

what a month, rojo"s "sex one", looking well trick...!!!!, Jamis diablos, "DRAGON" looking good with the syncros, hairstreams" boulder defiant" just gives me a hard-on, and while i appreciate his reasons for hanging it up, and not riding it, that just kills me...!!!! Sithlords "look", what a great picture. Toons "pace" just looks special, Cratinopes "pace rc200 CUSTOM"...purely fantastic job.
Clarets "rock lobster" brilliant and looks new,......and for what my opinions worth, in reference to others comments, im pretty glad "paul sadoff" did oversee the development of a his frames from the far east, bitd, if he didnt im pretty confident there would be very few people here in the u.k, that would have ever have heard of the man!!!!!!....then theres mavericks "alpinestars"....i personally know the heartache, the time, the money, and the trouble with the chancellor, the guy has had, over that build, and i know it came out far far better than he expected, a certainly deserves a medal in my book...!!!!!

so what do i choose, and how do i choose, so many good entries, and so nice to see such a wide spectrum of bikes, and for me the amount of mass produced bikes, being entered is a good thing, surely botm was never intended to be a competition on how "rare" something is........?....was it...???

GoldenEraMTB":1ps2vkcg said:
utahdog2003":1ps2vkcg said:

the sex one's a 95 ;)

may i ask , whats your problem ? we get the fact you don't want the kona to be where it is but do you have to drag the arse right of it ? just vote for something else and stop spamming the thread up wi pish ;)

Latest posts

Back