Dunkers big bad build thread

Damn light, I'm amazed at the price of some flatties though. I was looking around at a few pairs, there seems to be a big market for them. They make bullseyes seem reasonable :eek: What colour are you going for?

as the dont do 3dv , it'll need to be black or silver

tho i do have a pair of MKS sylvian at 250 g ,and something in the post so i might not bother

Jeezo, expensive - Hummed and hawed about the £45 eggbeaters (256g) on sale at CRC right now. Lightest I've got are 294g, but hard to justify £45 to save only 38g... so since I'm needing another pair of pedals, just bought a pair of Candy's for £18 (308g) - seems I'm going in the wrong direction, but the colour is right.

Best value for money so far? Maxxis Flyweight tubes, worked out at 4.5p per gram saved over the old tubes.

my thoughts exactly

need to get tubes sorted ,so will follow your recomendations zz

zigzag":1rlyd33e said:
Jeezo, expensive - Hummed and hawed about the £45 eggbeaters (256g) on sale at CRC right now. Lightest I've got are 294g, but hard to justify £45 to save only 38g... so since I'm needing another pair of pedals, just bought a pair of Candy's for £18 (308g) - seems I'm going in the wrong direction, but the colour is right.

Best value for money so far? Maxxis Flyweight tubes, worked out at 4.5p per gram saved over the old tubes.

Ditto. Got a pair of Smartys at 301g but have a pair of eggbeaters I'll need to weigh. Considered bidding on ti axles but not needed so I'm not going to bother....yet!

I've got a pair of Eggbeater MXR which are 278g. Totally unused, I bought them from on here for £25, then my knee problems kicked in again and I don't want to risk damaging it further.

£20 anyone? Or a swap for something?

When I say totally unused that's exactly what I mean, I don't even think they've ever been pedalled in anger, in original packaging complete with cleats, spacers, instructions etc.

Just tuned (hacksawed and drilled) my £10 seatpost... down from 326 to 278. Now 73g lighter than the steel post I had on it originally.

Also dug out an old specialized saddle weighing in at 262g, so a saving of 33g over the Turbo... not sure if that's worth it though, saddle's a bit tatty.

Also going a bit rasta on the Fat, rather than the red, white and blue. Thinking it'll look rather Espanol.

Back