1974 Gazelle Champion Mondial with big crack (new pics)

Retire the frame. Make it a wall hanger. Looks good.

Simply source a new mid/late 70s frame and build all the black DA on it

Elev12k":1u0v4bcq said:

That is also a good idea, i've thought about that, but i also can use some money . :eek: If i can find a cheap frame i will consider it.

I've made a lot of new pics from the bike:

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

It's a lovely bike, but assess the extent of the rust before you start patching. I it's rusted that badly in one place it could be almost as bad elsewhere.

Of course the problem with sourcing a period frame is that you will need to find one that isn't as badly affected by rust. I've looked at an awful lot of thirty odd year old frames and bikes that have turned out to be very badly rusted. Ping, ping, ping, crunch.

Elev12k":11o82mvd said:

I think Elev12k is right- Its a beautiful frame and will look fantastic on the wall. You should be able to pick up a nice period frame for cheaper than a repair job.

Well, i finally got a nice replacement frame. It's a NOS 1978 Raleigh Competition with Reynolds 531 tubing, just like the Gazelle. It's a large frame (64cm), but exactly my size because i'm 2 meters tall. :)

The frame only has a few nicks because of bad storage. I'm a happy man right now! :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Back