1998 Fat Chance Bro Eddy- Small- Cham. Metallica- SOLD

yo-Nate-y

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
BE S 44!

Up for your approval is a beautiful Chameleon Metallica Fat Chance Bro Eddy frame. Give up a little of the Somerville romance, and instead savor the better-made Serotta-built bromance that is the Bro Eddy. This model is similar to a Yo in handling, but with slightly smaller diameter tubing on the top tube and seat stays to take the edge off the Yo's famously rigid ride.

Awesome point #1: this frame is suspension corrected! Should be good up to an 80mm fork and not end up as a chopper.

Awesome point #2: this frame has a 1 1/8th head tube so you can easily fit a modern fork to it! This thing would look HOT with some white Fox's.

Awesome point #3: my god man, check out this paint job!
This thing GLEAMS in the sun and looks almost iridescent with its metallic flake fade. Glossy business, this.

Awesome point #4: standard threaded 68mm BB shell! And a stylish canti-bridge. I love the double-sided cable routing too. Perfect for v's if that's the route you take.

Condition:
The frame is in super duper shape. There is some light oxidation in the seat tube, easily buffed out. This NY frame has a BB drainage hole and a hole from the seat tube to the BB shell, so it won't suffer from the common Fat-death-by-rust. There are a few random scratches and a couple incredibly small cable rub spots and such, but take a look at the pics. No dents I could find --and I looked really hard! Toothpick anti-chain suck plates installed. Some gummy residue on the inside of the chainstay protector sticker, but that can be easily removed as a new-owner bonding experience.

21" top tube, 22" virtual. This is an "S" frame---size small.
The seat tube is 14.5" center to center and 16" to the top of the clamp.

CK headset will be removed prior to shipping. Original DKG seat collar with rubber gasket included.

$600
SOLD to Mr_Ship----hope you like it, and do post a build thread---you'll have us all salivating!

Shipping to the UK/Europe is $40. In the US, $20. Frame will be very well packed and insured, but I am happy to declare a low value if that is your pleasure.

bro2.jpg

bro14.jpg

bro9.jpg

bro1.jpg

bro8.jpg

bro.jpg

bro12.jpg

bro11.jpg

bro10.jpg

13-1.jpg

bro3.jpg

bro6.jpg

bro5.jpg

bro4.jpg

that's what the pm is about, i'm not sure though, it has a longish top tube, i am 5'9". i shouldn't really be buying but i can at the mo :cool:

jonnyboy666":rr0s2q0n said:
that's what the pm is about, i'm not sure though, it has a longish top tube, i am 5'9". i shouldn't really be buying but i can at the mo :cool:

if you have a shorter torso for your height, you should be able to get away with it, with a nice long seat post.

know the feeling of reaching for something not quite the right size, cause it's just that sweet.

dry hump bump for the bro eddy :cool:

i've just been looking for the exact geometry of my current 17.5inch c2top 07 clockwork, which i think is similar in the top tube and i run a longish post on that, but i can't find it, so i think it will fit but i just want to be sure before i chuck $600 across the pond!! :LOL:

i am already thinking

"right if i swap this from that, sell that, those parts will fit on that frame, then that will leave a full groupset for the eddy . . . . " etc etc etc!!

:roll: :LOL:

Some more sizing and dating info that I passed on to Jon. Might as well make it a public discussion ;)

"As for sizing, it could be a hair on the small side for you, but 5'9" seems within range to me. Fats have a longish top tube, so that would be the thing to base it on. I am 6'1" but like a smaller bike, so a 23" top tube M with plenty of seat tube is fine for me. It is sort of personal preference, but I think you are well with the range. There are two eager buyers in line behind you, so if you decided to pass it along you've got a market ;)

BE = Bro Eddy and S = small, but 44 I think refers to the 44th frame of the year. That said, I can't say for sure the model year, as I am second owner and the serial numbers for the Serotta frames aren't in the old system with year-dates. I put it as 1997-98? since mid-1997 was when they made the switch to 1 1/8th headtubes. I am not sure how long they had the rear canti cable guide, but the cabling on my 1997 Yo was all along the right side. That may have been a model difference, or a year difference. Sorry not to be of more help there."

http://mombat.org/Fat_Chance.htm
I just checked MOMBAT's list, and they have one Bro Eddy listed as a 1999 with a question mark and the serial BE M 53. I suppose it could just as easily be a 1999, but going on some date codes on the components, I am pretty sure this frame is a 1998.

Och, the mask takes on a rueful gleam!

The seat tube is 14.5" center to center and 16" to the top of the clamp.

Back