To Funk or not to Funk

FUNK

I, too own a 1991 Funk that I have owned since 1995 or so-I stripped the paint off it (originally green) and polished the aluminum tubes with medium steel wool and soapy water at the advice of Charlie Cunningham and I ended up with a chrome-like finish that I coat with car wax. This must be done several times a year but it is worth it! My bike came with a MAG21 fork that I painted silver to match and it came out great! MrKawasaki took some photos of my Funk when he was here to ride Repack with me last month and maybe he will post some soon, as my camera is broken now.
FairfaxPat

Gonzalez":2mfzo9a5 said:
Neil the Traverse ya seen is mine probably...what did you think of it? (your one I mean).

I loved my Saracen and literally did thousands of miles on it. I did a 30 mile commute to work on it 5 days a week and then went out and blasted byways and singletrack at the weekend.
One year I did the Ridgeway on it carrying WAY too much gear but we had a brilliant time....I've got some pix (that I will scan and show you when I get time) and you would not believe what I carried (thinking I would need it.... :oops: ). It's bene in bits for years since I built my Pace RC200... :cry: :cry:

Work on it in the shed for a week by candlelight...bring it back to life, and then say very loudly while crouching over the candle to make a large scary shadow in the window of the shed "IT LIIIIIIVES" followed by a manic laugh.

erm then send us a pic eh? there's me on mine on the main front page of the site pic - retro rideout - far left, red tyres :LOL:

Ok....so I join this forum and only a matter of weeks later I got my first Retro project - nothing that I had planned but it will be cool.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I JUST BOUGHT ME A FUNK PRO COMP FRAME...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D

Pix when it arrives....then lots of questions off you guys.... :oops:

Back