'The Chicken Chaser' - Cat & Fiddle, Buxton ~ 27/12/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
'The Chicken Chaser ' - Cat & Fiddle, Buxton and the Goyt Valley ~ Monday 27th December 2010

With the Turkey Twizzler postponed I thought a good alternative would a ride starting from the Cat and Fiddle public house (always good to start at at pub) which is located on the infamous A537.

We'll start at altitude for some excellent views, drop down into Buxton and then head to the northern end of the Goyt Valley then come back down the western side of the reservoirs.

A mixture of tarmac, old unsurfaced county roads and rocky tracks.
It'll be icy in places and there are a couple of inches of snow around here, but should be largely rideable.

About 15 miles altogether, with optional short-cuts.

We can finish by the fire in the pub.

Let me know who is up for it.

We'll meet at 10am...

Please ask if you need any more details.

Count me in :cool: have you sent this to MrLee, also Dr S was thinking about coming down so drop him a message.

See you Monday
cheers kaya

Way to avoid the snow dude... :roll: :p :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Barring catastrophes I'll be there, might bring out the Ibis this time, give the bitsa a rest * First dibs on MrLee's spikes if they've become commercially available yet...? :shock:

Am I right in thinking there's a proper open fire at the pub? Certainly some decent grub :cool:

Merry Xmas!

* nowt to do with the 20t granny of course :)
:xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin: :xmas-big-grin:

i'll be there, can someone give me a postcode so my car can find the way and a mobile to ring for when i cant find the right place ;) ;)

elPedro666":2rtette3 said:
Way to avoid the snow dude...

There is method behind my madness starting on road which sometimes gets closed due to snow.
If it's open, which it has been throughout the latest snowy period, then the rest of the ride which largely takes place at lower altitude will be passable, give or take a few drifts.

The address for the start point is:

The Cat and Fiddle
A537 Buxton Road
Macclesfield
Cheshire
SK11 0AR
England

There is also a webcam and weather updates here:
http://www.maccinfo.com/cat/

The forecast for tomorrow looks a bit milder too, but with some light snow.

...and yes Pete, there is a proper open fire and food at the Cat.

peter ,you had better be there, im bringing them parts to bury at the most remote spot otherwise , i will draw you a map as to how to find them though :twisted: :twisted: though with my sense of direction it wont be much use

Charlieboy28":afw4rq88 said:
peter ,you had better be there, im bringing them parts to bury at the most remote spot otherwise , i will draw you a map as to how to find them though :twisted: :twisted: though with my sense of direction it wont be much use

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
RetroBike treasure hunt! Are you really going to join us :shock: Go on go on go on go on go on it's really not that far...

If it's open, which it has been throughout the latest snowy period, then the rest of the ride which largely takes place at lower altitude will be passable, give or take a few drifts

Ah, how very wise our great leader! :D Will also be stunning views if the cloud stays up, fingers crossed.

...and yes Pete, there is a proper open fire and food at the Cat.

I thought I remembered one - Kiran & her mum (Jane) will be coming along & doing a walk so I'll pass on the happy news :cool:

look do you know how hard it was to escape for a day from the inlaws, nearly cried when i saw the twizzler was cancelled, sooo definitely coming, its only 60 odd miles by my watch, so aslong as the car makes it then i will be there, and i havent been on out on the bike for a month now :cry: :cry:

bikes all clean prepped and ready to go, kits all ready, so i will see you at 10 fellas ;) ;) :LOL: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back