1994 GT Zaskar *Updated*

Tallpaul":lagpaqzp said:

Funny that! I've used Brasso with less than satisfactory results. Swear by Autosol. Why would results differ? Less elbow grease on my part? Type of cloth? Number of applications? Surface preparation?

Corduroyboy":cvha3kkj said:
Funny that! I've used Brasso with less than satisfactory results. Swear by Autosol. Why would results differ? Less elbow grease on my part? Type of cloth? Number of applications? Surface preparation?

First washed the bike with hot soapy water and a brush. Then, just used an ordinary yellow duster with the brasso and worked one tube at a time, then buffed off with a clean cloth. Probably did this 3 times on the main tubes, then cleaned the whole bike with Iso-Propyl Alcohol wipes before applying the decals.

Tallpaul":wsmai3z9 said:
Corduroyboy":wsmai3z9 said:

First washed the bike with hot soapy water and a brush. Then, just used an ordinary yellow duster with the brasso and worked one tube at a time, then buffed off with a clean cloth. Probably did this 3 times on the main tubes, then cleaned the whole bike with Iso-Propyl Alcohol wipes before applying the decals.

Ive always used t-cut or autosol :D

Right, straw poll (and apologies to Wold Ranger):

I've got a whole bunch of purple and was toying with buying another frame/forks to build SS. However, it would never be ridden (probably). My Lava Dome is dripping with M737/M900 but is now my full-time commuter. I'm toying with swapping the M560 on to the Kona, then kitting out the Zaskar with all the purple and 8sp XT/XTR.

What do you reckon? :?

Tallpaul":17q3zm73 said:
Right, straw poll (and apologies to Wold Ranger):

I've got a whole bunch of purple and was toying with buying another frame/forks to build SS. However, it would never be ridden (probably). My Lava Dome is dripping with M737/M900 but is now my full-time commuter. I'm toying with swapping the M560 on to the Kona, then kitting out the Zaskar with all the purple and 8sp XT/XTR.

What do you reckon? :?

The Zasker deserves XT/XTR, but dont overdo the purple, keep it tasteful. A whole bunch of purple would work on a Yo but not a GT. Judging by your current creation, you've got taste and will know what I'm getting at ;)

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3iyv18bi said:
The Zasker deserves XT/XTR, but dont overdo the purple, keep it tasteful. A whole bunch of purple would work on a Yo but not a GT. Judging by your current creation, you've got taste and will know what I'm getting at ;)

lol, one could argue that the mere contemplation of purple ano proves that i have no taste ;)

The purple would be: Bar, Stem, Hubs, Seat Post and a few bolts on the drivetrain.

:LOL:

Bar AND stem may be a bit OTT in purple; may be tempted to suggest leave the stem as it is and see how the bar looks with the other ano bits changed.

Depending on you spending budget, if you want to go down the ano route, do blue to pic out the blue decals......now that would be sweeeeeet! :cool:

I've picked out the red/yellow on my RTS decals with various coloured bits, it seems to work well.

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3bm0d4gq said:
:LOL:

Bar AND stem may be a bit OTT in purple; may be tempted to suggest leave the stem as it is and see how the bar looks with the other ano bits changed.

Depending on you spending budget, if you want to go down the ano route, do blue to pic out the blue decals......now that would be sweeeeeet! :cool:

I've picked out the red/yellow on my RTS decals with various coloured bits, it seems to work well.

True, bar and stem might be a bit much. But i have a NOS Hyperlite and a rather tasy Answer A.TAC stem :D

As for the frame decals, i was toying with having Gil make me some more with purple in :LOL:

Tallpaul":39ns40un said:
True, bar and stem might be a bit much. But i have a NOS Hyperlite and a rather tasy Answer A.TAC stem :D

As for the frame decals, i was toying with having Gil make me some more with purple in :LOL:

Well.....on that basis it wont be so bad and I can see why your tempted ;)

With some original style purple influenced decals she'll look a sexy retro ride. Super :cool: 90's bling!

Keep us posted :D

Back