Lotus Sport 110

urban cycles":1rdlqond said:
I like the brochure! Do you have it in higher res?

Tim - sounds like pictures worth posting! Before x-mas? ;)

This is the same model, the Lotus Sport 110 (branded Merckx for GAN), with track dropouts and a special fork. The bike that Boardman broke the hour record with in 1996.

5208562935_cbddd4a00f_z.jpg

Nice pic how did you get it? His firts hour bike was diferent in 1993. I was only prompted to mention this because I recall the first world hour record bike having the chain on the outside of the (different) rear stays and different handlebar configuration.
I was hoping to post up a nice pic of my bike before xmas but I wanted to put up some other shots too which a friend has taken for me. He has been busy and has not had time to sort them for me. When I put it up I will give spec details etc too. Great to see some pics of these bikes coming out of the woodwork

Attachments

• boardman-pursuit.jpg
    boardman-pursuit.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 5,087
I found the pic of the blue Lotus/Merckx on the net. Some shots made for a newspaper, I think.

The Lotus Sport 108 that you show above is the one used at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics. This bike was an evolution from Mike Burrows Windcheetah concept bike. The Lotus Sport 110 is yet another evolution of that frame, made by Lotus Engineers.

At the hour record in 1993 Boardman used a yellow Corima bike. This is a picture from the record.

boardman1_bic.jpg

Merry Christmas!!

Ah yes of course the yellow bannana bike ... how could I forget it :) . The lotus 108 was not sold commercialy was it?

Somewhere I have a white paper that was presented at a lecture shortly after the Boardman win by the folks involved in the original build. Let me dig it out and scan a copy in.

thanks that woulod be good. I found a copy of the british eagle lotus caralogue so I will sacn it in and post some time this week.

Folks I just scanned in the document I had from a lecture back in 1992, it's not the best quality, but hey I've been sitting on it for 19 years!

I don't think I can attach it here, but if you PM me with your email address I'll fwd a copy.

The Paper is titled:

"The design and Development of the Lotusport Pursuit Bicycle"

Richard D. Hill - Aerodynamicist
Lotus Engineering Limited

Presented at Institute of Mechanical Engineers, London, on Tuesday 24 November 1992.

voodoorider":3o54xzzf said:
I don't think I can attach it here, but if you PM me with your email address I'll fwd a copy.

Go to the Gallery & Archive section, click on "Your album" on the top right of the page, then "add pic".... don't know if you can upload pdf though.

Latest posts

Back