Retrobike National Event Series: Cannock 27-12-10 POSTPONED

Be a shame to waste the pass-out though, wouldn't it. :D

I'll see all you folks in the New Year then. Looking forward to it.

Gutted the ride is off but I think it's the right decision. I'm only 20 miles down the road from Cannock with 4-6 inches of snow still on the ground and no sign of it going anytime soon.

Hope we can get an equally good turnout for the rerun and with a bit of luck I'll get another pass-out.

The right decision with the sheer uncertainty of the snowfall. I had two engineers coming up from the Birmingham area to Preston on Wednesday cancel, as they couldn't get off their housing estates.

Just imagine if we all got there safe and whilst out riding the cars became stuck with more snow fall during the ride

I had just put the chain onto my latest build as well ready for it's customary car park test ride ;)

Anyone in the NorthWest want to do a local job?

On balance this is definitely the right decision.
Disappointing, but that forecast means it won't be much fun for anyone.

Cannock itself was always going to be icy but all that snow would make the journey there and back treacherous too.

I'll be riding locally then if anyone wishes to join me.

Sorry to hear this is off, I was thinking tonight that last year was tricky, especially on the fire-roads.
rc200ti":2wcwqoy0 said:
Be a shame to waste the pass-out though, wouldn't it.
Rob, will you be riding in the Ticknall area Monday?
I'll post this question on the East Midlands board.

Upsetting but definately the right decision. Think i'll join up with DSP for a local ride now :cool:

Such a shame but the correct decision to make, . Happy Xmas all, hope you get what you wanted :D, I look forward to the rides next year brings.

Cheers

GM :xmas-cool:

bugger...

but looking on the brightish side, it means that I dont have to go into a cold garage to prepare a cold bike with cold tools and cold parts whilst consuming cold tea...

Back