Retrobike National Event Series: Cannock 27-12-10 POSTPONED

Eye'll try to make it too, at least for the mince pies and quality street if not for the riding.
The monkey trail is like ice covered teflon on a good day, so more ice wont make much odds.

Just bought some cheap flattie pedals so that I can wear my walking boots with extra socks to keep my little tootsies warm - and so I can bail out easier in case of an 'incident'!

Not been out for a month now so I'll be a little unfit. :cry:

The only ride I have done in the last 8 weeks is the muddy Alconbury bimble which came to less than 7 miles. I think I will hang out with the cool riders at the back. Looking at the weather forecast cramp-ons may be the best footwear. I like a bit of ice on the trails, it makes things interesting.

Have set my turbo trainer up in the garage so will try a bit of last minute spinning to get everything warmed up ready for a ride.

Are we doing FTD in the morning?

REKIBorter":d2lmazwn said:
Are we doing FTD in the morning?
ededwards":d2lmazwn said:
:: Route: The morning ride will consist of the classic ‘Follow the Dog' trail, and after a festive bite to eat we'll head off for some of the newly created trails and a bit of off piste (the latter no doubt aided by a little mulled wine).
So that's a yes! (sorry, couldn't resist the vanity of quoting myself :oops: )

Following discussion with Mark and others, we've very reluctantly taken the decision to POSTPONE the ride next Monday and give as much notice as possible so that people could alter their plans.

This was not an easy decision to arrive at as the Turkey Twizzler is a very well established and attended event. Although we recognise that weather forecasts are often unreliable, Cannock is supposed to have 4 inches of snow http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/7da ... de=cannock on Monday and never be above freezing between now and then so the riding could be a challenge but it was the getting there and back, with some people travelling vast distances, that was the key concern.

We're hoping to arrange a slightly surreal festive Turkey Twizzler in February, date to be confirmed.

Ok, off to cancel the caterers.

Oh, what a shame!!

And I've been and bought my new pedals as well! And sorted out my clothing layers. And I'll have to eat all the lovely foody bits I was bringing all by myself (perhaps I'll share some with Mrs Ned seeing as how it's Christmas).

Oh well, better safe than sorry, a sensible decision in the circumstances. Lets hope we can get another date sorted before to long.

cannock

thanks for the update guys. it will give me time to get more cheap booze out of me blood!

looking forward to alternate date. :cool:

Such a shame that this event had to be postponed, but I believe we've come to the correct decision.. We'll post up a new thread once a new date is confirmed, keep your Christmas attire as its coming late this year.

Have a great Christmas everyone, see you all in the New Year.

Latest posts

Back