FS RetroMod Fat Chance Yo Eddy

Still up for grabs guys and gals. Another purchase is going to leave me short of space.

Hi - I'm guessing you're 5 9ish. I've had one of these before, and while it's not top of my shopping list.....

Love it Si, unfortunately my next bike will be on the bike to work scheme, you don't offer that do you :)

The Ken":2pr21jlm said:
Love it Si, unfortunately my next bike will be on the bike to work scheme, you don't offer that do you :)

Sadly not, but I am happy to let you have it on a 'buy now, pay later scheme' if that suits?

Si

Sorry Si but I'd need to sell my Roadie to part finance it, and that might take a while, I don't like putting people on hold for that long/indefinately.

Much better than a standard Yo actually. It has been discussed at length elsewhere, but in short, a Yo had a really steep head angle (71 deg) compared to todays bikes which made it twitchy as hell. Fitting a longer fork has softened the head angle to a more contempory angle of 69deg when sagged (which was the head angle of the standard Fat Chance in 1990- a bike considered by many to be more trail friendly than the racy Yo). Couple this with a relativly short stem and a Judy DH crown (which has a different offset and rake to the standard SID crown, or indeed the BOI inch fork) and you have a fine handling bike. The extra half inch of BB clearance has been a real boon too.

Fitting longer forks can be a disaster on some bikes but with some basic engineering and math it can transform a bike.

Back