A big box arrived today with a Gazelle inside :)

STI is 'Shimano Total Integration' which is generally interpreted as the 'all-in-one' brake levers and gear changers. Campagnolo use the term 'Ergo Shifters' for their versions. They use indexed shifting so need a very stiff outer with the metal inner 'core' running along the length of the cable rather than spiral wound which can compress and affect the amount 'pulled' with each shift or 'click' of the gear lever. Friction shifting (ie, pull the lever and fumble it into gear!) can use spiral wound outer as can brakes. The stuff I have is spiral wound which will be fine for centre-pull brakes.

When you say you need it for both derailleurs is it for the short lengths around the bottom bracket and rear mech? Are your gears friction rather than indexed? Down tube or handlebar end mounted levers?

I'll have to sort out a price for you. I haven't a clue how much new stuff is in the shops these days! Generally Black (or sometimes grey) only in most cases.

Fibrax have started offering White and Red now though.

Elev12k":3cfqpfdj said:
STI = Shimano Total Integrated (integrated with brake levers). Possibly Old Ned's cables won't work with indexed shifting because they are brake cables. Good for friction, but for index shifting you need SIS cables.

The other questions I can't answer :)

Yer beat me to it!!!

Hi,

Non indexed bar end shifters will be used eventually and the gear cable inners are bare from the lever points on the frame to the derailleurs.

Hope this helps and thanks for your kind offer.

yours,

Jolly

Very nice indeed. My uncle in Holland has one exactly like it (not half as good nick). Also with yellow saddle and bar tape. An absolute classic in my eyes.

Back