Alconbury Bimble aftermath thread.

Kinda glad I couldn't make it now, get enough of that type of mud round here on a bad day!

The only way to deal with it that I've found is a rigid bike and reeaaal skinny mud tyres.....which I wouldn't have had with me today as i'm too disorganised :roll:

It was embarissin' is what it woz, embarissin!

Frosty trails started out well enough but the horrible clay like substance started as soon as we got out of the shade.

Chainsuck ripped my mech out of its threads (am greatfull for replaceable mech hangers) so with out some sort of tensioner no drive was possible - Mind you I actually enjoyed the jogging. Except cycling shoes are not really suitable for the knees.

My mate at the car sales allowed us to dirty up his yard with a pressure washer and out of the mud appeared 5 mostly unscathed MTBs.

2.5 hours, 5 miles, mars bar bribery and a swift off-on jog home and it was over.

The irony was that I was going to use the semi CX bike - it would have been perfect...

And to think I put wider grippier tyres on as I thought it might be a bit muddy!

Attachments

• PC120272.JPG
    PC120272.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 307
  • PC120273.JPG
    PC120273.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 307
pc120272_152.jpg

:LOL:

LGF looks thoroughly cheesed off! (Pardon the pun ..... )

Thoroughly knackered today and my right shoulder aches, wonder why? Thank you Mark for your hospitality and jet wash bribery. We did make a mess of the forecourt.

Bm0p700f, that's me who you bumped into on a thetford ride I think, Cannondale King.

The Orange is now in pieces and it will be off to someone for relaquering.

In fact who in the Suffolk area can re-lacqer a bike frame. The Ev02 does not appear to be painted just lacqered or should I just apprach a local car body shop?

I have not been out since that day. Too much snow and ice on the roads. I could have pulled my finger out and got my self up to Thetford but I really can't be bothered. I really don't want to get covered in cold slush which prevents a road ride and the field arround my way are no better than ones in Alconbury so I would only ruin the Kona. These are excuses I know.

I am of to the Isle of Skye tommorow for the Christmas getway with my tommorrow so it should be even colder there.

I look forward to next ride in the new year.

Latest posts

Back