The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
anybody know how much a tioga disc on an m900 hub and mavic rim is worth? thinking of selling it just not sure if i'd let it go for enough :?

Any ideas on approximate value?
Rockhopper 20.5'' steel frame
Shimano Alivio gear mech
21sp gripshift
frame has scratches befitting it's age, and a small dink in the top tube
still unsure of year

Attachments

• rockhopper-1.JPG
    rockhopper-1.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,323
Any idea on my FSR? As a bike and as a frame?

7449403f.jpg

build here:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... hlight=fsr

(only difference is it now has an XTR chainset and front mech and a kalloy instead of zoom seatpost)

Old Ned":2zvf7g9o said:
As I'm getting to my limit on shed (and house!) bike capacity I'm starting to thin out my 'collection' of components, mainly the ones I can't see myself using, even in the long term. Most of this stuff I can hazard a reasonable guestimate of worth for forum and jumble selling but there are one or two more exotic items that I want to be a bit more certain about before I let them go.

From the MTB side I have one or two things, Firstly I have a pair (a bikesworth that is) of Marin Decelerators, boxed, and very little useage complete with cables etc. I also have a NOS Shimano Sharkfin still in package.

Legend has it that both of these have been sold for vast sums in the past - but what could I realistically expect to get for them currently? Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks for the advice on the Sharkfin but still no ideas on the Decelorators?

Hand me downs

The crazy red CNC levers came with a sticker that said "Techlite" but thats about all I know,

I got the Paul brakes NOS from a shop I used to work at, the Love levers are old and kinda beat up

The Tomac was handed down to me by a legend in my area....

any thoughts?

Attachments

• paul1.JPG
    paul1.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 2,103
  • tomac1.JPG
    tomac1.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 2,103
  • techlite2.JPG
    techlite2.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,103
1997 specialized fsr ground control

Hi all I have a Specialized FSR ground control 1997 in a 17 inch frame. I have only just got back into mountain biking over the last year and have decided it is time to depart with my long time trusted steed for a more modern bike the question is I have no idea how much to sell it for been checking ebay but none ever come up which is not to suprising I suppose. It is in excellent condition and has all original features only things that have been changed are cassette and chain, bottom bracket and the tyres. Has never been abused and looked after meticulously. Any advice on value would be greatly appreciated. Probably only ridden for a max of 4 years in total since new

Another Specialized

Hi guys sorry this is my first thread but I was told this is the place to be if I want to find out what my frame is worth.

Its a 1998 Specialized FSR comp with Rock Shox rear, it has the usual marks but nothing too bad

Any ideas, Im not wanting to sell but would like to know if its worth getting some new forks and the group for it

Thanks

Hi I need space so sadly need to get rid of this:: I have someone offering me £200 is that enough? I feel like it would be worth a bit more in parts, or should i just take the 200 notes? Thank you

The bike has:

Deore hydraulic disk brakes

Marzocchi junior-t forks with 170mm travel, super plush and recently serviced with new oil.

I bought a BRAND NEW manitou 4-way rear shock providing 6.5" rear wheel travel at a cost of £120, and it has barely been ridden since.

Dmr pedals.

Shimano cranks with 2 rings and rock guard

lx rear mech.

X-lite G-force handlebars and saddle.

Lx rapidfire shifters.

Tioga Dh tyres.

Sunn Mammoth rear wheel and new front wheel (can't remember the make, but it is good quality and has deore hub)

Attachments

• marin.JPG
    marin.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 2,407
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back