Gazelle Champion Mondial

The right pedal had some play do I decided to open it up, clean, re-grease and set those cones right.

You can see how the bearing on the inside are a little dull compared to the ones on the outside. It was in need of readjustment.
CampaAthenaPedals03.jpg

You should've seen the mess that came out of this. :LOL:
CampaAthenaPedals05.jpg

CampaAthenaPedals04.jpg

really looking forward to seeing this all finished up. You really go the full nine on the rebuild. Respect to you

Thank you for the kind words. :cool:

Today I inspected at the front wheel. Campagnolo Lambda Strada rim with a Campagnolo hub.

Frontwheel01.jpg

Frontwheel03.jpg

I was under the impression that the tires were in like new condition but on closer inspection I found this 3 big "cuts". Here's one:

Frontwheel04.jpg

Can it be glued back and still be safe to ride? Probably should just get a new one.

The other surprise was the skewer. Not the proper one but a shimano replacement.

Frontwheel07.jpg

If anyone has a front Campagnolo Athena skewer for sale please let me know. It should look like this:

athenahubs.jpg

It's been two weeks of cold and rain. Hardly any natural light to work with. :p
chuva22-12-2010.jpg

Did the back wheel this morning. The tire has the same cuts. Apart from a strange noise coming from the hub (have to open it) the rest seems ok. Correct skewer this time and Sachs free wheel.

Backwheel01.jpg

Backwheel02.jpg

I'll have to look for the skewer and dito for that shifter bit you mentioned earlier, but do not expect anything on short notice.

This morning I did the free-wheel. It had some play so I decided to open and check it out.

Freewheel01.jpg

Freewheel02.jpg

Carefully removed all those bearings. Put a soft cloth underneath because when you lift the cogs there's going to be a bearings shower.

Freewheel03.jpg

Freewheel04.jpg

While I was cleaning the cogs another surprise. This one has 19-18-17-16-16-15. Yes that's right, two 16 tooth cogs... never seen that one before. LOL!!!

Wheels took new tape, tubes and tires. Still have to remove that freewheel. It's stuck. :?

This morning I took the derailleurs off the frame. They seem to be in good condition except for the jockey wheels.

CampagnoloDer01.jpg

CampagnoloDer02.jpg

Probably will have to replace those jockeys...
CampagnoloDer03.jpg

I'm done for today. Happy Christmas and a happy 2011!!! :xmas-wink: :xmas-cool: :xmas-big-grin:

Last try before doing the chemical assault. Got this saw and I'm cutting the stem remains in four parts.

saw.jpg

Two cuts done two more to go...
Steerer04.jpg

Back