1994 GT Zaskar *Updated*

Tallpaul":2psvdlfc said:
I'm not 100% sure this bike is UK spec, and i don't have a UK catalogue to check it against. The seller claimed it was brought over complete from the US. Then again i have no idea whether UK/US GT specs differed!

Ultimately i'm not fussed, i've done my usual trick of ditching most of the original parts in favour of what i like :)

At that time the specs did not differ. Aside from a few model name differences in a few countries the specs were the same. I sat through both the 1993 and 1994 GT international distributor meetings where the complete line of new bikes were introduced and samples shown to the distributors. I believe that Carati was the UK distributor as the time.
Here's a link to the original spec:
http://www.airfreetires.com/Specs/Step5 ... &Year=1994
I've bought and resold at least a dozen of these in the last year.

Bike is 'finished' (whatever that means), i've updated the first post with more pics and full specs. Here's a taster, enjoy:

DSC00717.jpg

Tallpaul":1bvn1nfc said:
Here's my freshly polished 18 inches.

Doesnt even look the same bike!! Nice :D

What did/do you use to polish the frame with. I'd like to get a pimped up shine like yours on my RTS.
My frame shines, but its not blinding like yours!
Yep, I'm jealous and proud to admit it :LOL:

cchris2lou":3dhbuojb said:
NIce , but surely it deserves a better fork .

I'm not sure about 'deserving', but yes ideally it would be fully pimped out with M737/M900 and Mag21 SL Ti forks. But that kinda defeats the point; including the price of the original bike, i put this together for less than £250.

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":3dhbuojb said:
What did/do you use to polish the frame with. I'd like to get a pimped up shine like yours on my RTS.

Brasso ;)

Tallpaul":kguv7of0 said:
cchris2lou":kguv7of0 said:
NIce , but surely it deserves a better fork .

I'm not sure about 'deserving', but yes ideally it would be fully pimped out with M737/M900 and Mag21 SL Ti forks. But that kinda defeats the point; including the price of the original bike, i put this together for less than £250.

GTRTS&AVALANCHE":kguv7of0 said:

Brasso ;)

Brasso, would never of thought of that, thanks ;)
Less than £250 for the bike/build is AMAZING :shock:

Back