Orange Question

shedobits

Kona Fan
Feedback
View
I hope to look at an EVO8 frame on Sunday and wonder if the Orange experts here have any advice for me. For example will an 80mm travel fork be suitable for this frame?

Many Thanks in advance.

Hello bits. I think 80mm will be too short. From memory the Evo8 ran around 120mm :? I had an Evo4 that came with 140mm as standard.

I had an 09 Evo8 and it was fitted with a Rock Shox Recon SL 120mm.
I agree with brocklander - think 80mm will be too short.
Fabulous frame though!!

Well I checked out the bike and it seems different to anything I can find on EVO8's.

Instead of a white finish it is finished in silver, it has both disk and canti bosses and best of all it is made with Easton tubing.

I've just read the first 17 pages of the Orange Posts here and there are no EVO's. Is that because they are not retro enough?

Please, any background info would be appreciated as I am suffering from "mustgetanotherbikeitus".

If it's made from Easton tubes then it'll be an E8, not Evo. In that case it's the top of the range hard tail from a few years ago and the great, great, great, grandson of the classic Elite. Very light and very nice! :cool:

The Evo doesn't get much love because the range is not that old or retro and no real history. Good bikes but not the sort of thing this site takes much notice of. ;)

Here's an E8:

http://orangebikes.co.uk/2005bikes/bikes.php?bike=e8

azaro":ahi9zmy8 said:
Well spotted that man!

How are you finding your 5?

Love it! :D All my worries about geometry, size etc were over nothing as it turns out the 18" fits me far better. Love the Talas forks but don't often wind them down as it climbs well at 160mm. Very, very happy with it, how about you?

Oh, and when you going to sell the Clockwork frame back to me? :roll: :oops: :LOL:

Love mine. Got the 18 too. The tapered steerer tube has made a massive difference. Great downhill and over the bumpy stuff, but light enough uphill too. Feels totally bombproof as well. Those guys really know what they're doing!

Funny you should say that! Just started a Saracen build. This site has a lot to answer for!
Hope it will be complete in about a month. May have to sell the clockwork at that point, but probably as a complete bike. Not sure it's retro enough for this site though as, apart from the frame, most of the parts are new.

Will give you first refusal though.

Latest posts

Back