94 Weight weenie dale. Complete. 17.89lbs.

Hope you have some good scales? If not then i be up with mine. I love weighing things. :oops:
Those bolts are so light that the scales can't record :LOL:

Frame was finished using meguairs nxt metal polish, works quite well. Post is the same one and is machine polished, still has a few scars though but its fine from a distance :) .

Need to get back on the weighing, I'll need to do the shim/post/saddle and take off the force40 doodah on the fork. I've added a zoom hanger and I need to weight that too. Also received the alloy nips, not sure how much of a saving they'll be though.

OK cranks are staying, the kooka's came in 30g heavier :? First post updated with current kit and weights.

Had a parcel dump today :D

New brakes are weighing in at 321g (Kona race lite), also some avid tridangles at 8g and SS5's are 160g. Rear wheel also landed which is 952g, Wheels will be next to get some lightening.

Adding up above comes to 6158g = 13.576lb and I've still to add pedals/chain/tyres/tubes/skewers/cables/poss tensioner :eek:

this is when the weight ramps up
bit like mine 8.3 kgs :roll:

still got to tune the wheels and fit lighter tubes ,but wondering about the
1.5" tyres at dunkers ,last year with raptors the bike was superb ,i dont
see the conditions being much different this time either so might go for
function over weight (daft i know)

17lb would be :eek: but 17.XX might might be a challenge! IIRC the tyres were 350-390g, tubes 90g, I've saw cheapish 211g chain, crank bros pedals are around 250-290g and skewers 40g. Which taking the heaviest figures is another 1501g.

mikee I had thought about the tyre choice. Ideally I'd pick the conti speedking supersonics, they'd be light and grippy but not too retro. I'll wait till its built and decide then between weight/function/looks!

Back