fred salmons ringle replica...

davehughes

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
does anyone remember in 1995 the Fred salmon range which was identical to many Ringle items

i remember the zooka replica - identical, and Mojo's also, for a fraction of the cost!

anyone got any pics or even know what im going on about?

Havent got any pics, but I recall what your on about. Didnt he also ride with Tim Gould for Peugeot???

Think he still owns a bike shop in whaley bridge, used to be in the same club as me. He started riding after a motorbike accident and then low and behold he ends up a pro....! Nice bloke

I have a pair of Fred Salmon skewers in silver, not sure that they're modelled on Ringle though, before my time. Pity they're silver, but they work fine, they weigh 43 + 47 and they were cheap. What more do you want? I also have a pair of Ringle that weigh 53 + 58 and don't work fine any more and probably cost several times as much. But at least they're black, anyway.

I have a few fred salmon bits that came on an old bike i purchased 2nd hand back in 95. All blue annodised.
Got F&R skewer set & seat binder.
Fred salmon carbon (effect ) handlebars
and a fred salmon "leaping salmon" brake booster.
I did have some clear fred salmon grips, much like porcipaws but even softer...sadly they were slung out ages ago.
Non of it ringle copies but all fairly effective and fun.

Hi shop is "the Bike Factory" in Whaley Bridge. Very very nice chap. (many many moons ago his first shop was off Hillgate in Stockport. Lots of rebadged Look roadie aero frames for sale)

I've got a Fred Salmon bar in a kinda lightish blue, not turquoise but not deep blue either - stoopidly light... lasted 13 years longer than the Kona Racelight bar did!

OK - it's was only ridden for 3 of those 13, but I broke the Kona one after about 11 months... left hand side snapped!
Anyone had a Velocity stem to the chest? It's not a particularly pleasant experience :(

Currently some bars and Stems on eBay UK... here

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back