my Klein Attitude REBUILD!!!

Well, if you want to score XTII hubs I find it's best to go for them individually. A seperate front one goes for about 20 bucks (and with the low $ - € value it's not that expensive even with S&H from the US). And also a loose rear one it quite often to have for about 20-40 bucks (NOS, without skewers, though).

Maybe of help to you... also, if this is just a temp setup for the wheels, just be patient. All things come around sometime :)

Nice to see another Attitude team being restored. Thanks for the info
on the '90/'91 differences. Can't resist to show of my pride:
1990 Attitude frame, 1992 XTR, and newish saddle and wheels for
weight saving (9.2kg)
Would like some black Cook bros cranks, but they are too expensive.

BTW: What's your framenumber?
Good luck with your build!!

main.php

:( :( Everybody in Holland has one except me :( :(

BTW: Nice touch with the Onza sticker on the downtube... those old Onza (and Shimano) stickers always have a nice touch to a bike (they should be on every GT as well).

So where are you guys from anywayz, because frankly I have never seen one of these KLEIN Attitudes in real EVER here in Holland (well, especially Zuid-Limburg and region Soest/Utrecht).

Void

Wytze: Looks good your Attitude (but please dont pay that much attention on the weight and put another wheelset in it..) searching on ebay you can catch a pair of cooks for a nice price. I just bought myself a set of those. they are the silver cranks with the black spider. It is mounted with silver chainrings wich I whill replace bij black ones sometimes.

Well I never spotted a Klein in the neighbourhood either.....

Wheels build up this afternoon (the DX-217 version) and they only have to be fixxed by my boss ( I just had to mount them in the frame for a while...and wow it looks like a real bike allmost. Another wheelset (with XTII hubs) is on it's way with thanks to yo-eddy...:)

Hopefully I will be able to build the bike next week.... :D

Oh yes, you can spot my Klein maybe sometimes in the Capital of Overijssel.....

I live in 'het Westland'. Last spring I rode it daily commuting from Delft to Leiden.
It's a great ride. BTW: this Klein started it's working life somewhere in
Limburg.

@Martin: this is the best wheelset I have for this bike! I also have the original
set; Matrix Mt Aero on ultegra's with XTR axle, but that set makes it look like
a sissy bike. Black makes this bike look kinda cool :cool:.
I hope you can find a long (stiff!!) enough seatpost so you can ride the Attitude
and when you do you'll see how direct the bike is. And when you make it lighter
without losing the stiffness it gets even better!
I think that's one of the reasons why so many weightweenie bikes are based
on Klein's because it makes it a bike like you never experienced! It's hard to
explain this sensation, but in my opinion it is a shame to build up a Klein that
weighs more than 10kg! It would loose it's special ride
And for offroad use: light 2.35 tubeless tires would be the best IMHO.

Wytze":1nj6uyyn said:
BTW: this Klein started it's working life somewhere in
Limburg.
Uhm, yeah I was actually a bit fast with my "never seen one before" remarc. I remebered having seen some older dude back in 1990-1993 when I was a member of MTB club Discovery. That was during a weekend ride in Noorbeek (near Gulpen). That dude was like the oldest riding member (somewhere around 50 y.o.) and everybody was complaining about him never keeping up but having the most expensive bike of all members... he ended up riding with the women IIRC :oops:

Wytze":1nj6uyyn said:
I think that's one of the reasons why so many weightweenie bikes are based on Klein's because it makes it a bike like you never experienced! It's hard to explain this sensation, but in my opinion it is a shame to build up a Klein that weighs more than 10kg! It would loose it's special ride.
Does that go for a 1991 Rascal as well? Because it ain't as oversized as an Attitude but I'll have to wait for my frame to be done to "experience" the difference between my Stumpjumper and a KLEIN...

Void(EN12-82)":mo31wqc1 said:
Does that go for a 1991 Rascal as well? Because it ain't as oversized as an Attitude but I'll have to wait for my frame to be done to "experience" the difference between my Stumpjumper and a KLEIN...

I couldn't say, but the direct steering is mostly due to the oversized forks and handle bar combination, I guess

Jeeeeeeee, finally after lots of blood, sweat and tears..... The first ride today with the rebuild Attitude...

Foto-CSL8RA3M.jpg

Foto-7JTRJ8FX.jpg

More detailed pictures will follow when the bloody sun shines again....

You did a great job with that, Martin!! ..and of course much progress compared with how you bought it :LOL:

Back