Dekerf Team ST

Something on the bike makes me like it.

Nice seeing the icebar Magura somewhere, they are pretty rare I think :)

wow, nice "mash-up" on that Canadian steed! would like to see what you'd come up with given some dedicated build.

Nice, very nice ST in BLue and silver, welcome to the club. And this being a first build I wonder where are you gonna go from here ....

As for the ride you are in for a surprise me thinks. I ride all kinds of bikes: from a mostly original 1991 rigid Stumpy to carbon fibre 29er suspension rig and all vaiations in between. But nothing, nothing compares to the feel of my Dekerf ST.

The first time I ride it it after a while is always the weirdest sensation. Notably on hardpack or tarmac I notice the rear end, it takes getting used to, again. But then I hit the woods and that rooty technical climb, flowing singletrack or now the jagged frozen tractor tracks and any thoughts just disappear. I just go with the flow and the sensation that endures is one of instinctive handling and absolute confidence. I love it.

Do you know what weight spring you have in the mechanism and if it was serviced (lubed) regularly?

Enjoy!!

Riiight, fast forward nearly a year :shock:

Thanks for all the nice words chaps. This bike pretty quickly turned into my regular ride which was great until the rear-end was getting a bit too flexy laterally...

IMG_2045 by Michiel Kuit, on Flickr

Being at least the third owner on a 13 year old bike I didn't think I would even get a reply from the guys at DeKerf. Surprisingly, I got an answer straight away: they'd fix it free of charge if I took care of the shipping! Fantastic! Talk about standing behind your product. Hats off to Chris!

That got me thinking though, if the frame is going to Canada anyway, could I perhaps have some other work done to it? More later :p

Lovely bike, and a terrible shame it has broken. It makes me a bit nervy about my own ST (not a DeKerf)

Disc tabs maybe?

That is great service indeed. Makes me think, maybee I need a DeKerf too ;)

suburbanreuben":o6x5khh2 said:
Excellent service. It probably helped that it was hardly used, and certainly not abused.
Is it still Viper Blue? :cool:

Service is indeed exceptional and goes far beyond what one would reasonably expect. I know what my next bike will be.

I went for charcoal grey and silver decals, looks quite classy. And although I built it up again a while ago I still have to take pics. Perhaps this weekend.

Did take out for a proper spin, and boy, once you get used to the wobbliness again, it is a fun bike to ride :p

tazio":o6x5khh2 said:
Disc tabs maybe?

Indeed! I was a bit surprised it could be done, seeing that it would be hard to add a strut between the ti lowers and steel uppers, but that apparently is not needed and a disc tab is now fitted.

Keep watching for pics :)

No, Chris doesn't fit disc strut supports, and nor do some other builders. Neither my newer Dekerf or Soulcraft has them and there is no judder or any other impediment.
I believe, somewhere in MTBR's Dekerf thread there is one with a 205mm disc on the back, heartily encouraged by Chris... ;)

Back