Carbon or Alloy

paint chips actually....those forks look solid to me but they probably are no lighter than the steel ones in reality ;)

is it true you get what you pay for and why do niner forks cycle team look like the x-men. Ive no experience of alloy or carbon forks, suspensions always served me well or steel.

Had both the Exotic Carbon Forks and now the Trigon ones (as seen below) both are very good and I found them strong enough (i.e they didn't break!), although not sure my sub 11 Stone build is going to break them anyway!.

The Trigon's are superlight at 480g's with the Exotic coming in at 850g's
CapeVerde417x.jpg

IMG_5995.jpg

Thanks for the comparison pics Steve :cool:
I've plumped for a pair RC-31's ,they're similar to the Pic A but on seeing them fitted i think i'd prefer Pic B with the Trigons :?

Oh well :LOL: :LOL:

yo-eddy":1pgsym5h said:
Dr S":1pgsym5h said:
I had pace RC31s on a bike last year and whilst they rode well there was always that nagging doubt whenever you launched down a steep ravine in the dark.
Us Yorkies also ride with a lad who made the forks when he was at Pace. He took a look at them and asked me what i weighed. I replied '13stone' to which he rubbed his chin and eventually said 'mmmmm, yeah, you'll be alright i guess. Just dont do anything stupid'. I swapped them out the following day.

I've been riding the RC31 Ti version pretty hard for the last 1/2 year without any problems (sofar :roll: :? ) Your story makes me feel a bit scared though............ weighing a mere 15stone :oops:

follow up :roll: (no one harmed, was my brother using these now.....)

e9e36698.jpg

fa3679ef.jpg

Latest posts

Back