MARIN PINE MOUNTAIN XT QUAD BUTTED, AVID, WHITE INDUSTRIES

I do not remember, but i think that for goods...Paypal write me exactly, that condition of goods is not covered by their protection program, only undelivered shipments. Yes, I could not believe my eyes too...I had a few disputes on ebay with condition of items and they was solved - partially refunded, but this dispute (without ebay) did not. I will look on Paypal if this info is still available in archive of payments and tell you soon.

edit: there is no info about type of payment on Paypal yet :-(

The non original decals look as if they may have been put there deliberately to hide a fault, whether by this bloke or the person he got the bike off.

Not sure about the legalities and you could be on dangerous ground calling him a fraud as he may have been inadvertently passing on a dud bike, but ethically he's in the wrong.

I notice that he's got a lot of posts, as far as I can see all in the selling forums, so is he a dealer? Any rules about that on Retrobike (Commercial Trading??).

Definitely put something on his feedback thread.

There is another thread dedicated to this that states he has a shop or dealership in poland.......

caveat emptor I am afraid,I have said about problems like this before but just get shouted down by others on here.

as I wrote, at my point of view, because of his communication and his endeavour to solve this problem - no full refund, no partial refund, nothing. Yes, he is selling many parts here, a lot of people who bought from him are happy...but I do not. This is not serious doing the business by this way, he has some responsibility of selling parts, has not he? If you do the business in this way on Ebay, you will be banned. If you sell a good parts, you could not have a problem with refund. And I asked him before, if there are any scratches, dents, cracks,..on frame and he told me that no ! It was not true...

Yes, he has a shop with bikes and bike parts in Poland....he is also selling bicycle parts on www.allegro.pl

I take it the non original decal was strategically placed to hide the damage :evil: :evil:

That really isnt on, especially the refusal to refund, even if it was an innocent oversight and he did not know it was there now he does he should do something about it, this place relies on goodwill and honesty to function and this isnt shades of grey he sold the frame as in very good condition, which it clearly isnt, it looks like a cut even that has then rusted, i have never seen a frame corrode in such a uniform straight line way, suppose the seatpost could have something to do with it.

Oh well, i hope it gets sorted out, i know John doesnt tolerate this sort of thing and if he says hes looking into it he will, make sure you visit his feedback thread and let people know what happened, he has had a lot of nice stuff up and i have been tempted on a few things, will steer clear now :shock: :shock: :shock: :x

Oh that's not good! Sorry to see what's happened pal. :(

I hope you can get sorted through paypal, although I'm surprised the seller wasn't more supportive. It's a real shame, don't let it put you off the site though, or building up another Marin!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back