Saracen Kili Comp 96

Killi

Super clean build, bet it's not too heavy either? the quality of the powder coating is top drawer! Not sure on the biscuit Tiogas though?

Cheers. :D

Without pedals it is just under 23lb so not that shabby. I will give it a proper weigh when I finish it.

The biscuit tiogas are one of those things I picked up for the sake of it really. I don't think they look too bad, are period correct and they will allow me some time to source some zmax kevlar ambers. With the zmax the bike will look very close to oem which is good.

Dead Rats":16bs9c48 said:
:xmas-cool: lovely jubbly! :xmas-cool:

Speaking of xmas.. I have sorted the front mech problem with what looks to be a very nice m738 one. I have some nos red pedals. Have some nearly nos m739 levers on the way. And just to see I have 99% sourced some nos folding zmax wcs 1.9 :xmas-cool: :xmas-wink:

cool! I have one myself, (I think) mine is a '98 with 853 tubing, it's superb frame and fuelled a brand loyalty in fact, I now have an '80s Kili and a '91 Sahara to go with it :roll:

Gravy Monster":1m0gj9zs said:
Looks fantastic so far :cool:, cant wait to see it fully built, any details on the powdercoat colour looks kinda gunmetal with a metal flake ?

Such a good looking bike and as the others have noted the forks are beautiful :)

I eventually found out today off my partner what she agreed with the powder-coaters. There are no colour codes as such cos this colour/finish is one of their "special range" :LOL:It seems they agreed upon a finish called silver sparkle with clearcoat. :D

Dead Rats":3tygg7x8 said:
cool! I have one myself, (I think) mine is a '98 with 853 tubing, it's superb frame and fuelled a brand loyalty in fact, I now have an '80s Kili and a '91 Sahara to go with it :roll:

I love em even if they are officially uncool in terms of brand cred..

I really want one of the 97 wishbone jobs.. Is this still in place in the 98 frames?

I saw your 80's kili and it is :cool: :cool:

dendy":38s0u4o9 said:
Dead Rats":38s0u4o9 said:

I love em even if they are officially uncool in terms of brand cred..

I really want one of the 97 wishbone jobs.. Is this still in place in the 98 frames?

I saw your 80's kili and it is :cool: :cool:

my 853 is a wishbone - does that mean it's a '97 for definite? I don't know if mine is 97 or 98!?

thanks for the comment on my old Kili Flyer non-period correct resto :LOL: appreciate it. It's lost the Brooks saddle now (in place of an '80s Selle that I recovered in leather) and is about to get a circa 1991 brake upgrade now... to make it more usable!

Awesome build, loving the tyres and grips too :)

I have the same Push seatpost on my Saracen Traverse, 2 mins polishing with Autosol and the Push text comes off a treat ;)

Back