1990 Diamondback Ascent - Finished 19/12

chrisv40":3q5a2c8c said:
Can't believe we had post today Ben and that nearly everything I was waiting for turned up.

The other DB is getting posted Wednesday so don't know when that eill turn up.

YMCA cheeky sod :LOL:

should be next day matey ;)

quite amusingly the cranks i sold you are from the bike :D

Looking good

I can't wait for my Ascent to arrive so I can start building. I 've been getting my fix from your pics to get me by for now.

What year is yours Harry? Any pics?

Ben I havent got round to weighing it yet.

I forgot that I got the cranks from you Adam, should really reunite the 2 shouldnt I :LOL:

Thanks for all the comments so far, glad you all like it :D

Just had a look at this and very nice is it too - the first 'proper' bike I owned was a low end Diamond Back so I too have a soft spot for these :cool:

Most likely this model will be tange steel, the '91 bikes were labelled the same (i.e 100% cromo) but True Temper AVR tubes were used for the Ascent EX and Apex with OX being used for the Axis and Axis Team. Later Ascents (from '93 onwards?) did use AVR however whilst the higher end models used TT lite. I have just scored a '94 AVR framed Ascent, can't wait to get cracking with it :)

"What year is yours Harry? Any pics?"

This is the only pick I have
DSC01013.jpg

The marks on the down tube are just mud FYI ;)

I used this bike, whilst my mate was away in the forces, during my UNI years in 1994/5 as a ride to lectures, he then took back ownership on his return to the UK. I was in S'hampton last month at the barracks visiting and he mentioned re sprays and all sorts of mods. I couldn't let this happen so I said "hold on I'll post you down my Caldera steel daily work bike, which is already re painted in black you can re paint and do whatever with it".
He was shuffed with this idea so I sent the bike down to him, and I am just awaiting the delivery of the Diamondback.

Back