Marin Quake 5.0 FRS

jskdog

Senior Retro Guru
Not sure the year of this and dont now a lot about these bikes but I stripped my shoreline trail to build this up and love it!Got some Bombers coming for it and iv put the cranks and gears on but not taken a photo yet!

Attachments

• P1020885234.JPG
    P1020885234.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 4,541
The finished article!Iv ridden it and need a stiffer spring on the fox vanilla but apart from that its fantastic!
I would love to get it resprayed in the same colour but from what iv heard the original marin paint is pretty hard stuff to get off?

Attachments

• P1020887.JPG
    P1020887.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 4,499
  • P1020888.JPG
    P1020888.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 4,499
I saw this when I was researching my frame its one of the only places that comes up when you search for them noone seems to have much info on them!Dont suppose the frame is for sale?mines a medium but would love a large one to build up.

Not had chance to ride it properly yet dave, just changed the spring for a much stiffer one so hopefully ill be able to take it out somewhere tommorow!but just riding it down the road she feels amazing!

jskdog":2mu6vp3a said:
Dont suppose the frame is for sale?

If I can get to work in the morning (freaking snow :evil:) I'll ask him. There's no shock on it though as it was used for the 'Dale I built up. The shock was knackered on it ('dale not Marin).

Your brave wanting to go for a night ride in this dave!not got any lights for it, when are you next going for a spin?

Back