Bargain Ebay bike lights

About 80 minutes in ....
Noticably dimmer than when we started

Yes - rechargeables are only 1.2V - and I'm no expert - but 1.5V would only make them brighter - not last any longer.
A higher mAh rating makes them last longer - or so I thought.

Yeah that's what I meant, an increase in brightness, ive not done a continious run test but ive had the same batteries running one of the lights for a couple of months now on my morning commutes (not on flash mode)
As you say, a mah rating means more juice.

Yeah - pretty much done by 90 minutes.

As the battery gets low - there isn't enough juice to get anything in flash mode - although the permanent mode still gives some light.

@ Easy_Rider
How long is your commute?

Standard batteries are only 1.5v when brand new (fully charged). Their voltage drops away as the run out. They actually drop to below the voltage of a NIMH pretty quickly. Decent NIMH batteries usually output around 1.2v to 1.3v and maintain that output for most of the duration of their charge.

8690q":210767se said:
I was giving up hope of seeing the last set I bought. Over a month.

They are coming from the other side of the world though so didn't bother me too much.

I got this at the same time and It's brighter than the lights for a couple of £ more.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT

just got my head torch today :D

very very pleased for a couple of quid! fits on the skid lid nicely. got a nice half power and flashing mode too.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
mine are working and looking great :)
DSCF2050.jpg

Finally got lights in the post today! about bloody time! and have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with them, for what I paid I really can't complain
But I did complain, to the seller at the start of January when I said that my items had not yet arrived..."no problem, we will re-send the order" :D
Thing is, this looks like the 1st order :shock: so I guess I have another identical order still on its way to me :shock:
I guess I should really inform the seller if/when the 2nd lot turn up, but I doubt they'll want them sending all the way back to Hong Kong? :?

Ordered two for £11.20

I was umming an erring over whether to fork out for a magicshine (I'm aware of the possible issues with them), or try looking for something else cheaper. Bottom line is I was after something cheap, and I'm willing to give these a go :)

Definately interested in the LED upgrade some of you guys have done though!

I also wish there was a way to add alternative (i.e. bigger capacity) batteries, or have a remote battery pack for these! (Has anyone done it?)

The LED upgrade was very easy - and I think gives much more output.

The corners of the new LED board just needed a very small amount of filing to allow them to fit - but easy with just an emery board.

Back