Shiny bits.

Go get some "Duraglit" - it's metal polish from tesco. Its like woolly stuff that really is awesome. Mirror finish is easy to get and also its addictive - you'll end up polishing everything you can get your hands on.

mini drill , felt bob and some AUTOSOL

felt bobs are available from B&Q , £3.00 all shapes in the DREMEL section

AUTOSOL from HALFORDS about £5.00

give a rough up with some scotch brite , then polish with the autosol drill

very good results so far with this ;)

duraglit is great stuff, for a cheap,less effort way to apply, use an electric toothbrush, the Mrs's one always seems to work best, rotating circular head type, brush not mrs's head, put little wad of d'glit on brush and shine away, not for little gaps though.

Sounds like my teeth could benefit with the same application! :oops:

Rich

talking of shiny bits does anyone have a DAMPENATOR. a gorgeous headset atachment featured in mountainbiking uk oct 96, vol' 9, no' 11. from david broadbent costing £200 at the time, would have loved one at the time, wouldn't mind one now,
not sure how well it would have worked.

I remember those - seemed like a silly idea at the time (I believe it was brought across from motorbikes), but on the other hand seeing as downhill kit was still beefed up XC kit and flexed like mad, perhaps something to keep the bike going in a straight line was a good thing?

True,
looked a bit wacky races! I used to mess about with putting rubber bungs, eg cut off closed end of h'bar grip, down steerer to dampen vibes, actually still got GT grip stuck up forks on my hack!

Back