Dekerf Team ST

Giel

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My first build is nearing completion. Not period-correct, but a mash-up of what I had lying around (the rear mech for example) and some nice shiny new parts that I like the quality of (royce, magura, middleburn). All in all, this bike is built to be ridden in xc a few times a week, not for show. Just waiting on the front mech and a nice shiny new wheel set (DT ceramics on hope 3 hubs, built by Holland's premier wheelbuilder.

Got quite fascinated by the concept of having rear suspension without having a pivot. Really curious to see how this rig rides. Not only is this going to be my first softtail ever, it will also be my first ever ride with functioning front suspension. To call me a luddite is an understatement :D I have only ever in 20+ years ridden steel rigids, but I am curious to see what this new-fangled boingy stuff is all about :p (not such a luddite afterall)

Few pics, expect muddy ones to come in a week or 2 :)

IMG_1942.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1948.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

Still to come/do:
Silver colored riserbars, new wheels due in a week or 2, and a front mech.

Cheers, Giel

WOW :shock: Absolutely lovely! Love to see another Gore Ride On cables user. They are mounted on all my bikes.

I see you're from holland. Maybe we can meet one day? If we do, I would really love to have a go at your softtail. You can have a go on my Implant Ti.

BTW I've contacted Wouter (former distributor of Dekerf in NL) to see if we can have a Dekerf meeting.

Um, Err; I've made a mistake!
Glad to see you like it Reubs :)

Ha Casper, we're just 'round the corner from each other, I am based in Delft. Think we better meet up for a few laps in Bergschenhoek one of these days. I am all up for a Dekerf owners day :) Keep me in the loop on that one.

Cheers, Giel

the horizontal chainstays are titanium, it's really quite weird to see the back end move, purely on basis of the inherent ti-flexiness :) The rest of the frame is Reynolds 853

That's one sweet machine :cool:
Can't wait to see it "fully" build, can you please make a nice shot from the side without all the "noise"..... that is you livin' room ;)
cheers Roy

without all the "noise"..... that is you livin' room

Glad to see you like my decorating skills :D

This gives a better view

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1951.jpg

The blue on this things is great, it really stands out! :cool:

Giel

That is a really nice bike! I whish I had stuff like that lying arround...
This afternoon I was wondering what my next crankset would be like. I thought of a silver Middleburn, with a red 5 arm spider and black chainrings. Now I know for sure!

Loving it,
very nice and balanced build.
Looking forward to see how you get along with it (being a softail with boingy forks :D ).
A lot to get used to as I also noticed the Spuds now, get ready for some embarrasing moments my friend ;)
I send Casper a pm to plan a ride together (hope I may join.... not having a Deferf :oops: )
cheers

Back