70s/80s Raleigh Winner; help and info please

Reluctant

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've recently got this Winner , needs a little fettle and tyres, but to all intents and purposes, it's in rather nice condition. Can anyone help with dating this bike? Any other info much appreciated too - thanks.
Winner004.jpg

if they are Maillard hubs there is probably a date stamped on them XX (month) XX (year). I'd say circa 1985-8

Cheers, chaps. 1987 seems the best bet. I checked the saddle date and it's may 87. I can't believe it's so young! It's all original down to the brake blocks, tyres and cables. Amazing!

Reluctant":3gvv28qj said:
Cheers, chaps. 1987 seems the best bet. I checked the saddle date and it's may 87. I can't believe it's so young! It's all original down to the brake blocks, tyres and cables. Amazing!

'back of the net!'

its a racer BSO...

we got so many numpties coming in to the bike shop back then actually WANTING those "GT" brake lever extensions fitted! these were not the same people who mistakenly thought that they actually WORKED and often ended up riding right into the backs of stationary traffic or little old ladies at pedestrian crossings!! LOL

rusty :twisted:

Back