Dunkers big bad build thread

Bought another set of SS-5's :? mibee tune these and see whats possible. Any spare mills mikee? I'm also going to weigh another set of cranks I have, may be a change there too. Still waiting on wheel :x tiny bit peeved!

My wheel arrived in lighenting fast time via the RM sent 2nd class. Bought at the same time was my daughters main xmas present - 5 day courier now over week late - getting really worried now the snow is coming back.

Old Shimano Skewers = 167g
Superstar Ti Skewers = 44g

123g saved. Good start.

Also got my Maxxis Flyweights (87g each) and a 400mm alloy seatpost that I'll cut down to 350-ish.

Bloody Turbo saddle weighs 301g :evil:

kaiser":yz2oce7g said:
Ooo I've got the flyweights coming too. :)

Never used them before but the lack of weight is astonishing. Tubes feel like you could shoot peas through them.

Tubes wise I think I'll go Conti Supersonics (I like the name), not as light but possibly a wee bit more robust but maybe not :LOL:

Basically have lost my mojo for this weenie build, the CB frame is giving me a headache but its the lightest I've got so must persevere. I promise to show up at Dunkers on it but I may not go to town on the weight reduction.I think the cold is getting to me, I just want to curl up and hibernate, not build bikes :roll:

Everyone else though is sounding promising, I look forward to marvelling at the results :D

I reckon I'm in on this one, if I can get my car running before then.

I've got a frame that will build up super light and I wa going to do 1x7 gear set up on it anyway.

I've got some nice light egg beaters I bought a couple of months ago but my bloody knee has gone again so I've not been riding much, anyone want to swap them for a nice set of flats?

Got some more eBay bits that I can hone my 'tuning' skills on (sounds much better than 'drill badly'):

Shimano Alivio levers (BL-M421): 174g per pair
Avid Single Digit 5 Vs: 210g per pair (no noodle)

Just missed an £8 Flite Max on eBay (bloody work) - probably would have only saved 50g over the Turbo anyway.

Back