December 19th - South Downs - last ride before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snow here in Barnham (not far from Arundel). But it seems as though it's already thawing. If temperatures drop below zero tonight and the slush freezes, tomorrow's going to be ice-rink-tastic....

Well,we have had a snowy morning here in the Weald, which subsided about midday and have 4-6" of snow lying. The roads are covered but still passable. Forecast is down to -4 tonight so it is going to be slippery tomorrow. Is the ride still going ahead? We have not had the predicted heavy snowfall this evening.

Monty.

i'm still up for it if i can get out of the snow infested driveway ;) i'm gonna be keeping my eye on this thread tonight and if i do get to leave i'll probably take me laptop with me ;)

Kitmech":2scjdvsj said:
i'm gonna be keeping my eye on this thread tonight and if i do get to leave i'll probably take me laptop with me ;)
I'll post an update on the weather & conditions here as early as I can tomorrow morning.

wicked i have mobile tinterweb anywho but i'll be leaving bout 8:30 ish if i can get out :(

i'm only down the road in Worthing. just come back form a ride, very icy on the back roads, main roads are fine though.

Still very much up for a ride at the moment...weather permitting tomorrow of course.

Upgraded some of my knitwear just for the occasion ;)

i'm actually thinking of bringing my modern bike as i haven't ridden my retrobike off road properly for bout 8 years :oops:

OK guys, looking like a good turn out is promised.

I am planing to be there about 9.50 ish. The only fly in this plan is my car has packed up and as long as the AA man can fix it (I have a meeting in the evening and will have to set of early by train if its no fixed). I'll be there if not I'll ride over to the start and take I from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back