Pennine

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Well, following looking at Simod's lovely Pinarello, I thought I would post a few pics of my Pennine.
The bike is currently living in my parents garage loft, along with a few of my other rigs, kit etc, some 80 miles from my gaff. But, as luck would have it, I was taking my son down to stay with them last night, so I was able to take a few snaps.
Please excuse the quality, I only had my camera phone.
I dont know the exact year, I'd guess late 80's/early 90's. It was a bit of a wreck when I got it, so had it re-sprayed by custom frame builder Geoff Mindum, who used to ride with me on the Pro-Circuit MTB team.
Running gear is a mixture of Shimano and Campagnolio. The brakes are a work of art, but trouble is I dont know anything about them. The fronts lift out to expose the workings, almost canti style internally, but they are a complete mistery to me. I've slipped some new bars, Flite saddle and Vento wheels on her.
I havent ridden her for years, so she may just come home with me when I go back at the weekend...... ;)

Attachments

• DSC00229.JPG
    DSC00229.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,276
  • DSC00233.JPG
    DSC00233.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,274
  • DSC00234.JPG
    DSC00234.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 2,274
  • DSC00235.JPG
    DSC00235.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 2,274
nice.

i loved the graphics of Shimano 600. That great typeface and those three colours .

Like the old XT boxes (C'8:cool:.

Retro racers.

Only one i had was a raleigh record sprint!

Your brakes are Campagnolo Delta . the nicest road brakes ever made .

you need a special allen key to fiddle with them .

Wu - thanks for the comment. I too love the colour/logo scheme, very clear and striking :cool:

Chris - thanks for the info, might do a bit of internet research tonight now I know what they are ;)

Might have to go internet shopping shopping now and get the Campy mechs to complete the groupo.
I like the Shimano 600 stuff a lot, but deep down we all know Campy is the most sexy ;)

Back