ASSOS Rims

hmm, i don't know about those non assos nipples that you're talking about - i can remember that the assos ones were quite unusual in their shape.

but then i don't know about anything cycling post 1990!!!

and proud too!

rusty :mrgreen:

Leeh & Rusty,

Maybe I should clarify what I meant...

The piece of rim I have has standard 4mm diameter holes, which haven't been specially drilled out, which fit normal 14g Sapim, DT and ACI nipples.

The rims you're after might be like this or may possibly have the smaller nipples Rusty refers to. The 16mm wide Assos rims definitely don't all use the thinner nipples, so don't be too put off if your ones do, you can always drill out the holes to 4mm, if necessary, and use standard brass or alu nipples. That's all Assos seem to have have done, so the rims can take it :)

All the best,

OK danson67,
Thats good , So I might just go with those Assos rims, just the price really £125, I dont really know if that price is fare or not?

ok rusty :)

thank's for the info.

Leeh asked:
just the price really £125, I dont really know if that price is fare or not?

Single wheel, Dura Ace hub, $179 US dollars, closed with no bids... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

Silver pair, laced into Campag Super record, £70 apparently no takers since August... https://www.lfgss.com/thread48431.html

I don't know where your mate has got his asking price from, but I'd say that I don't remember them being specially expensive BITD. The quality's good, but no better than Velocity Escape, Sun Mistral/M17A etc which retail at £20-£40 for a rim new.

The choice is yours :cry: How much do you want them...How much does he want to sell them?...

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Leeh,

Looks like a good move; hubs, spokes and build included for only £10 more than the bare Assos rims...

Those Super Champions are sweet ;) , only around 50g heavier per rim, wide enough for decent tubs, with eyelets, have a better braking surface for road use, and you won't be tempted down the path of Assos stuff and drilling things out...:twisted:

Look out for some trad looking but new tubs to fit. Schwalbe Milanos look right (black tread / white walls), are supple and well priced at the moment (£20 each).

All the best,

OK Dan,
I bought a couple of those tyres you suggested(Schwalbe Milanos) they look good,and meant to be really good on the road as well, from chain-reaction, 20 quid each, also some Glue. Now this should be fun, I'Ve never fitted tubs , I've heard that if you haven't fitted them before , you could get in a right mess, is this true? I dont want to make a right pigs ear of it.

lee

This is the frame those wheels are going on,
The frame is 1983 Alan record, bought from a dealer in Belgium NOS mint
condition, 57 centimeter, only thing I have fitted to it so far is a nice vintage Campy record headset, I have all the other vintage campy gear just waiting for the bottom Bracket and those wheels, then I'll set about building it up! also have a NOS mint vintage Brooks professional, not sure to change it to a nice vintage Italian saddle though.
Thanks
Lee

Alanalu.jpg
[/img]

Back