December 2010 BoTM - Nominations please

Status
Not open for further replies.
klunkerbr":3ighw0f1 said:
Tough call this month! I'm between the 1936 mercury and the 2001 Santa Cruz Juliana! Although I'm really into Paul's Bravado!

Really? that's cool, didn't think I'd get a vote given the high standard - yet again :)

klunkerbr":tz4awvyr said:
Tough call this month! I'm between the 1936 mercury and the 2001 Santa Cruz Juliana! Although I'm really into Paul's Bravado!

I dig the Santa Cruz too but lets be honest, 2001 ain't retro. Those boulders are both beautiful and that Kona Hot is unique and appealing. It is a rider too which gets extra points in my book.

I suggest you all vote based solely on weight and longevity. Be kind to the truly elderly. :p

What's in a name?

wired99":2uhrdobf said:
First ever entry into this so be easy with me. My 1985 Claud Butler Canyon. ]

I like it! Finished to a very high standard.

Did you know your CB doesn't have much in common with the later stuff beyond the name?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claud_Butler

But my vote would go to sithlord's Look, it's stunning. I don't even like white. I like shiny though

There are some great bikes this month but also a few that make me want to barf! I'm liking the Hot, the Salsa and the two Boulders, but the white one is just too perfect - like a super hot girl who is scared of getting dirty! ;)

When is the cut off point? I've just finished my Lobster tonight (Well, sort of...) Wouldn't mind putting it in the mix

sandmangts":36pbjbuh said:
I will never understand people who have such great bikes only to hang them on a wall and never ride them. It's like having a hot wife and never banging her.

see..even the talk is retro and before p.c. :LOL:

To be fair I love it when people show what can be done wether it's a rider or just a looker, they are both done by people of the same cloth. I had a mint "ornament" and got rid

But now I've got a rider I'm tempted to buy another restore to perfection as well

we all do the same thing..have a passion for retro's

Now..when's the nominations finishing so the voting can begin?

Hopefully in time?...

I'll throw my 1994 Rock Lobster Expert in. I'll be starting a Thread later on this as to how it arrived, how it's got to end up here...

Basics for Spec: Re Coated a lighter 'French Blue', M737/8 XT, Mavic 231's, Rock Shox Judy XC (Overhauled), Control Tech Finishing Kit.

Hope you guys like something a little different from all the Yo Eddys (No Offence ;))...It's built as a rider. The Spec is understated but what a 21yr old Apprentice could ill afford back in 94'

Attachments

• RL_RT2a.jpg
    RL_RT2a.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 710
  • RL_RTa.jpg
    RL_RTa.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 710
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back