What's the best bike thing you ever purchased?

First would be my Rockhopper 88, ''changed my life'' the next big step was the Hope Diskbrake - let me go faster downhill with less fear of going over the bars, much more important to me than shocks.

This...

1713934568_79d8bc0b33_o.jpg

Complete GT Bi Ti / Bi Steel collection

1) Back in 1991 a 91 GT Xizang frame - Has seen three build ups. The frame was pre XTR and pre front suspension so it was originally XT top mount and rigid 2x4 fork, McMahon Ti post stem and BB, Grafton cranks, DC996 Frt brake, Ritchey Logic levers and a Selle San Marco Rolls saddle. Current build is XT Hollowtech II/XTR with Judy SL
2) Back in 2006 a 1998 GT Edge Ti road Frame - When I worked at a GT distributors I rode team manager Doug Martin's GT Proto type Ti road bike on a visit to Huntington Beach for meetings. After riding it I told myself I would not go to my grave without someday owning one. Have ridden hundreds of road bikes over the years but nothing like this. Full 6600 Ultegra with EC90 fork.
3) In 2007 a 1994 GT Edge Steel (Tech Shop excell) road frame Serial#5 - Always fancied the fillet brazed tech shop bikes and after being fully thrilled with the Edge Ti I decided to pick up an Edge Steel and found a 1st yr 1994 in Excell Tubing serial number 5 from the 1st year they were made at the Tech Shop facility in Longmont, CO. It was pretty beat up so I stripped it and have it in epoxy primer right now. Trying to decide what color to go with. Have original decals in both black and white. Any ideas?
4) In 2007 a 1995 GT Psyclone frame - After getting the Edge Steel and knowing how that road I decided to complete the GT Bi Ti / Bi Steel collection and picked up a Psyclone frame a few weeks back. Xt for now but about to be M900 XTR.

Hyperglide. Bought it as soon as it came out (88?) and had it on every bike since.
And probably so have all of you.

another one, goretex ride-on cables. Transforms gripshift and makes your brakes as smooth as hydraulics. Install them properly and they last for years.

After having a particularly muddy ride last night, another product sprang to mind that I cant believe I forgot.....the Crud Catcher! A truly legendary invention, yet so simple.

Does anyone else remember seeing people create their own though, with cut up coke bottles and butter lids?

Back