The Retrobike National Event Series 2010/11

jimbo-xc":3uxd0nlb said:
it will prob come to me in a minute but where is BDW?

Shameless Plug :LOL:
Yes, BDW III will take place just outside of Ambleside in the glorious Lake District.
Friday night will have a social pub ride and a welcome BBQ. Saturday will have a show and shine over breakfast followed by a cracking 24 mile route in, around and through the local mountains, followed by a bike jumble, trails competition, BBQ and oldskool disco/drinking contest. Sunday will be a half day ride around Grizedale after breakfast and copious amounts of paracetamol.

We are looking to top our turnout of 33 riders next year so keep your diary free. Campsite is booked, Recce has been completed and the local brewery is on red alert.

View from our campsite
rides2010006.jpg

Happy campers
rides2010055.jpg

Up in the hills
tunnelride1.jpg

Bring yer lights!
rides2010046.jpg

drystonepaul":mssbh90u said:
Which camp-site are we going for Si?

I will PM you. It won't be announced until a few days before the event, and then only to attendees for security reasons.

Very disappointing that no event is south of the Thames. :(

With the South Downs, Sussex Weald, Isle of Wight, Isle of Purbeck, New Forest, Dartmoor, Exemoor all available there is plenty to do.

Being new here, i have not had a chance to go on an event yet. What sort of length routes are people looking for? Could the last reound come south? Might be able to help with some organisation/ route planing :LOL:

If we used Romney Marsh, we could arrange to pop over to France for a section :cool:

D

Piperdave":fejnakna said:
Very disappointing that no event is south of the Thames. :(

With the South Downs, Sussex Weald, Isle of Wight, Isle of Purbeck, New Forest, Dartmoor, Exemoor all available there is plenty to do.

Being new here, i have not had a chance to go on an event yet. What sort of length routes are people looking for? Could the last reound come south? Might be able to help with some organisation/ route planing :LOL:

If we used Romney Marsh, we could arrange to pop over to France for a section :cool:

D

you have PM

There will still be local rides organised by your Area group - this is the National series - the big high profile rides - and definately ones worth travelling for. Riding local will still take place.

Area groups are likely to have their own calendar of events but they will take the Nationals into consideration to avoid clashes.

Dear The Ken,

I hope that you are not suggesting that the areas that i mentioned cannot hold a candle to the other areas listed as participating :? . While the Lakes, Peaks, and, grudgingly, Scotland, have their big views, climbs, and drops, variety is the spice of life, and epic rides can be found almost anywhere, often without midges :roll:

Exemoor, with its steep coombs, and both Lynton and Porlock hills; Dartmoor, so severe that it was closed off on August Bank Holiday due to poor weather; Purbeck's steep relentless climbs with great coastal views, The South Downs, our newest national park. Not to mention the Garden of England, and further afield, the Welsh Marches, and Black Mountains. All venues with Epic potential.

:D :D :D ;)

Closer to home - around Camberley the Surrey Hills are supposed to have the best singletrack in the south of England. Would love to give it a go.

Dave, if you re-read my post there is no reference to the inferiority of any area, just a statement that local rides will continue along side the National series and that the Nationals will be big high profile rides (not locations).

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you have some lovely wee hills doon there too. :D

Latest posts

Back