98+ botm?

Carge":32umwcbm said:
I hadn't realised that by building a post98 bike I'd effectively turned myself into a Retro-leper.
The reason for building a '99 bike was to have a bike I can take out in the current grotty weather and preserve the '91 bike.
And do you know what - I spent 4.5 hours out on my '99 bike today - in the rain and mud.
At least my leper bike gets ridden - and isn't that what this cycling lark is all about.
Having looked at this months BOTM - lovely shiny bikes that have never been offroad - comments like "took it off the wall" and sparkling white tyres.

Currently a retro-leper and quite happy to be so!

So what you are saying is that you don't like the garage queens that get entered for BoTM and never riden, but your own retrobike sits in the garage and never gets riden because its a bit muddy outside, and you choose to use a newer bike instead?

Mmmmmmmm.

:roll:

Morning DrS
So are you saying you ride you best retrobike in the mud and snow of winter?
Why do so many of us have a winter hack? I'm sure you do.

I didn't say I don't ride the '91 bike - it gets ridden plenty thanks - but not in sh1te conditions.

It's an odd inverted snobbery - my old bike is older than your old bike!

Anyway - can't stop - I'm off out to ride my new old bike - again!

Carge":2wmuc3go said:
Morning DrS
So are you saying you ride you best retrobike in the mud and snow of winter?

Sure do. Its just a bit of mud. It washes off. ;)

3087996854_6f406378cc_b.jpg

Kona Hei Hei, North Yorkshire, December 2008

P8031016.jpg

Fat Shock a Billy, winter 2009, 3 weeks after coming second in Bike of the Year )lost out by a single bloody vote!)

Picture137.jpg

Wicked Fat Chance, one owner bike and original down to the cables. Feb 2008, BDW Route Recce

4397246773_4c28ed80d9_b.jpg

Mountain Goat, Gisburn National, Feb2010

13032010571.jpg

Fat Chance, Hambleton, Jan 2010

Why do so many of us have a winter hack? I'm sure you do.

No, I don't. see above.

reckon we need a PUBoTM (Properly Used BoTM), great to see those bikes getting used for they were intended to do :)

Righty ho. I've not read the entire thread so apolgies if I've missed something.

Last time we tried a modern BoTM it didn't exactly go swimmingly. As such I'd probably not be looking to put time into running a nomination thread and setting up a poll esp. given I'm fairly chokka with various other things at the moment.

That said if someone wants to properly run a nomination thread and setup a poll for next month I'd be happy to sticky them. Let's see how it goes, 'eh.

Back