Update..Cheque on way...got knocked off my bike

had an update today from Devon and Cornwall Police, driver has been processed for driving with undue care and attention, got an telephone interview tomorrow with a solicitor at 11.00.

Aching a bit today, saw the doctor at 11.30, groin strain, fluid on the knee, signed me off work for a week.

Thanks for the support :D
Ernie ;)

One thing I will say about Devon and Cornwall police despite my distrust of police, is that they are on the ball, i.e., they seem keen to do their job, which is a novelty, when others notably Thames valley seem not that interested unless it is drugs or guns. Perhaps the police know how lousy the First Direct service is, they are keen to 'do em' where and when they can.

But for you the ball is rolling, the mechanism is working, but that is not really much consolation when you are disrupted from living your life by other's thoughtless actions. Thoughtless killing machine drivers need re educating or taking off the road for the safety of everyone.

No fun for you his close to xmas, but get well soon, you have our thoughts.

Hi all,
had a good sleep last night {3 bottles of hob goblin and packet of kettle crisps} :) :)

The "FIRST" bus company still had not got back to me last night, rang them again 3rd time :roll: :roll: , the driver had still not reported it. on the copy of procedures given to me it had to be done in 6 hours :shock: .So when i rang them at 16.15 hours{nearly 24 hours since the accident} still not reported, got told by a call handler "sorry blah blah, this is totally unacceptable blah blah".

I rang them at 0930 again today 4th time :roll: :roll: , a call quickly returned too me at 0945, usual bo""o$ks "sorry sorry"

I had a telephone interview with a solicitors at 11.00 who handle this type of claim, went through what happened..sent of some pictures, damaged items, injuries.

Lets see what happens, had to buy a watch today, getting helmet, leggings ,gloves and jacket tomorrow.

Again cheers for the support :D

Ernie ;)

pic of damaged helmet

pic of helmet, i can remember this dragging along the tarmac..did the job though :D :D

Attachments

• insurance claim 001.jpg
    insurance claim 001.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,267
ernie":7gvj7kou said:
Hi all,
had a good sleep last night {3 bottles of hob goblin and packet of kettle crisps} :) :)

:

Haha, appart from the crisps. Thats exactly what got me to sleep last night... Cant be doing with that nytol stuff. Decided good ol booze is where its at ;)

Gonna have to lay off it for a couple of days tho.. Got a crate of spifire here thats waiting to be drunk lol....

Glad your ok btw. Got hit by a car as a lad and its not a nice thing... .
Hope it all keeps going smoothly with the claim side of things too. :)

The driver has not reported it because it probably means he wiill get the push, as who knows what other stuff he has had to report, might have a history. But by not reporting it within six hours as per company policy, he has stuffed himself up.

But if he loses his job, it is not the end of the world, for he can find something else he is more suited too.

Oh and one other question, it was not the number 2 bus was it ?

This is really bad. A few of the guys at my work in Leeds city centre cycle into work...

In the last month three have been knocked off their bikes... Only me hasn't yet :shock:

The last one on Tues was a belter, mate knocked off on Lawnswood roundabout at top end of Leeds. Driver of silver Mazda failed to stop...

Best bit was that my mate was told by the guy driving the 5th car behind him (who stopped to help) that the four cars in front had all manouvered round him whilst he was laid knocked out in the road and carried on...

ringo":pjny068i said:
This is really bad. A few of the guys at my work in Leeds city centre cycle into work...

In the last month three have been knocked off their bikes... Only me hasn't yet :shock:

The last one on Tues was a belter, mate knocked off on Lawnswood roundabout at top end of Leeds. Driver of silver Mazda failed to stop...

Best bit was that my mate was told by the guy driving the 5th car behind him (who stopped to help) that the four cars in front had all manouvered round him whilst he was laid knocked out in the road and carried on...

:shock: , reading this i was " lucky" if you get my drift, just got grazings and walk like "bow diddly"

Ernie ;)

silverclaws":3kmgml40 said:
The driver has not reported it because it probably means he wiill get the push, as who knows what other stuff he has had to report, might have a history. But by not reporting it within six hours as per company policy, he has stuffed himself up.

But if he loses his job, it is not the end of the world, for he can find something else he is more suited too.

Oh and one other question, it was not the number 2 bus was it ?

cant remember bud

retrowagen1234":256tafw9 said:
ernie":256tafw9 said:
Hi all,

:

Haha, appart from the crisps. Thats exactly what got me to sleep last night... Cant be doing with that nytol stuff. Decided good ol booze is where its at ;)

Gonna have to lay off it for a couple of days tho.. Got a crate of spifire here thats waiting to be drunk lol....

Glad your ok btw. Got hit by a car as a lad and its not a nice thing... .
Hope it all keeps going smoothly with the claim side of things too. :)

Thanks bud..Mrs Ernie is going to treat me a selection of wychwood ales :D :D

Ernie ;)

Back