clements inherited and needs a future plan

biggs682":3q01imbz said:
give it a clean and check over and use it , you will enjoy it

lol.. theres more info after my first post in this thread ;)

i went for option A with a small bit of option b thrown in on components only.. frame came up real nice and have a rather lovely glossy look to the metallic blue paint work.. yep it has a few 'scar's' but thats my dads bike right?? and indeed a part of ernies history mi thinks.. :) .. loving it to the max!

@ billby

NICE 'ernie' duder!!! helps me believe i'm doing the right thing by using it (with a bit of polish) rather than making it a shiny love affair in the garage!! :D

UPDATE

Ernies wheels have officially parted company with Ernie and are spending xmas with a very local back street LBS :D (found while looking for parking while out xmas shopping, it was one of those "STOP!!!! OMG!!! look at that!! a proper bike shop, i lept out the car then and then leaving the Mrs n kids in the car to fend for them selves LOL.. ran inside.. it was.. IT WAS!!! a proper real 'got bits on the wall' bike shop!.. he wasn't closing soon so i ran and parked up the car,

back in side.. told him 'Ernie's' woes and he said 'stop wasting time son!!' go get the wheels!!) finished the xmas shop in a hurry and rushed home..

Grabbed the wheels and said goodbye to my family (knew i wasnt going to be back in a hurry LOL). all i can say is wow.. this guy ticked all the box's.. knew what i had..what i wanted and how long i wanted to wait.. we discussed prices and i was truly impressed.. i can see i'm going to be using this shop for some years to come

a very happy zotty i is!!

he's also said he'll be looking through his 'box's' at home for other bits that may be sympathetic to my build :D :D

a little update direct from Edward Clements (son of Ernie)

Model of My Frame is the Super Pro

"I think Your frame is the same as the blue one, shown here with Campagnolo equipment but possibly the same equipment as the multi-coloured one. I like the fact that the Super Pro has a 13-18 freewheel. Most of the racing bikes I have in stock now have an 11-32 with a compact chain set as well. Men were obviously real men in the 1980s!

the Super Pro is the model that Tony Doyle used when he rode for Clements for a couple of years during his professional career."

having studied that picture VERY closely it is indeed the same frame

Happy with that! :)

Attachments

• clements super pro.jpg
    clements super pro.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 296
Back