Lightweight - but usabe tyres

Schwalbe Fast Freds , if the going isn't too loose and muddy...

Can be found dirt cheap at SJS still..

Dr S":3lokb2lx said:
graham1975":3lokb2lx said:
Maxxis ardent :LOL:

A couple of the Thrunton lads love Ardents. I'm going to give them a try when the snows gone.

Yes i have them on my hardtail, and they are high volume and great for comfort, and a brill allround tyre if such a thing exists, the weight is great too, i run the UST ones but b4 i went tubless i never had puncture problems with the Ardent and they came out top in What Bike magazine

I've used Conti gravity and verticals in the past, good weight, fast rolling, but not the grippiest.
Currently running nobby nics front and rear, (2.4/2.25). Very impressed with them. Tasha seems very happy with the Advantage, but she's switching back to Bonty Mud X for the winter.
All have been run with either the Stans or Bonty tubeless system.

This is probably one of the worst questions you can ask, everyone has a different opinion ;)

Although for me, I love Maxxis Ignitors, fantastic for a year and still going strong.

Panaracers are OK, but need low pressures or have no grip at all.

Hate Continental Speed Kings, they are like riding on greased ice IMO :LOL: Although they can be fun at the back if you like drifting.

thel33ter":2cmld0jn said:
This is probably one of the worst questions you can ask, everyone has a different opinion ;)

Although for me, I love Maxxis Ignitors, fantastic for a year and still going strong.

Panaracers are OK, but need low pressures or have no grip at all.

Hate Continental Speed Kings, they are like riding on greased ice IMO :LOL: Although they can be fun at the back if you like drifting.

Strange! :shock: I assume , since you're in Bagshot, that we both ride similar terrain- Surrey heathland- but I find my 2.3 speedkings perfect for the sandy/hardpack conditions. A good case of personal preference!
Yup, the 'kings drift, but it's so contollable... :D

I tried them around Tank Traps at Swinley forest, they tried to kill me several times till the guy got annoyed with me when I crashed his bike into a tree :LOL:

Back