clements inherited and needs a future plan

legrandefromage":14uyv086 said:
I had a similar era Elswick Stag made out of the same Champion tubing.

I regret selling it too.

guy down the road as an elswick. simler story gained from his father :) thanks for the reply,.. also you have mail ;)

retrowagen1234":94jqf67g said:
I know its nothing to do with the bike... But what bike stand are you using there? Im looking for another one... The one i had was unknown but got nicked a couple of months back from my car so i need to replace.......
Yours looks pretty nice , Lil tray for nuts and bolts too :D

lol.. had it off of fleabay a few year ago, ive just had a quick look on there and they dont seem to be about any more.. was unbranded and new and cost me 35 quid!.. i'll keep my eyes out for them in future and throw you a pm ;)

zotty":ex4a30fe said:
retrowagen1234":ex4a30fe said:
I know its nothing to do with the bike... But what bike stand are you using there? Im looking for another one... The one i had was unknown but got nicked a couple of months back from my car so i need to replace.......
Yours looks pretty nice , Lil tray for nuts and bolts too :D

lol.. had it off of fleabay a few year ago, ive just had a quick look on there and they dont seem to be about any more.. was unbranded and new and cost me 35 quid!.. i'll keep my eyes out for them in future and throw you a pm ;)

Cheers mate :D Im gonna get looking, Seems spot on for what i need ;)

retrowagen1234":1o7mcdo4 said:
Cheers mate :D Im gonna get looking, Seems spot on for what i need ;)

cant seem to find em any where other than in china or the usa.. the usa one was only 35 dolla's but they wanted 125 quid shipping pmsl..

http://www.tradett.com/products/u34208p264320/bicycle-working-stand.html

http://www.diytrade.com/china/4/products/6381591/Bicycle_working_stand.html

both will do em for around 12 us dolla's

if ya buy 500 lol..

will keep looking for more local to home ones lol

update :)

'Ernie' is cleaning up well :),

i'm having the rims respoked as the spokes (chromed double butted) are SO corroded!! i dont trust them and dont want to risk damage to the rims and hubs if the spokes collapse.

also sourced some replacement shimano 600 brake levers due to the original hoods rotting them selfs on to the levers (they look melted) and i just cant clean em up to a suitable finish to match the rest of the bike.

decided to go with option A with a little mix of option B thrown in when it comes to components :) as in replace with the same but less 'marked' starting with a wider ratio cassette due to the hills around here and indeed the size of the HUGE rings on the front lol

Was going to suggest a mix of A and B.
I'm in exactly the same boat, asked Dad for my inheritance early. Got his 'Ernie', cleaned it and replaced like with like then got out and rode it. Its currently on the turbo trainer at the moment and will be doing a cyclo cross event in Jan!
Some pics of mine/Dads. (Mum has a ladies frame but still uses hers)

DSC00510.jpg

Road mode

101220101538.jpg

+
155874_461327512918_523662918_5863911_5986144_n.jpg

Cyclocross mode

Back