forks swap

KenG

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hu
Just putting out some feelers to see if anyone would be interested in swapping a pair of rigid forks for a pair of Rock Shox Dart 2 forks, the Dart 2's are on my Cannondale but i've never really been a fan of front suspension so would like to replace them with a rigid pair.
The darts are in good condition and have never been offroad.

:)

ive got a nice cro mo set of rigids in black disc and canti/v brake compatible but threaded steerer but have others what are not threaded
wot length and size they gotta be!

What is the length of the steerer on your Dart 2 KenG? If it's nice & long I maybe interested in swap (I have very long arms!) as I have a pair of as new (fitted then removed only) On-One 26er cromoly forks in pearl white.

They have a full length uncut 1 1/8" ahead steerer and come with the v-brake bosses which cost me £15 extra. Once you've decided how much steerer you wish to cut off you might even be able to bash down the existing starnut which I installed to the correct level for you (although I could supply another starnut free of charge).

I have had them stored away since I split my Rockhopper which I sold with it's original blue forks instead. The a-c measurement is 420mm so they are designed to replace an 80mm suspension fork.

Which exact model is yours? Do they have disc and v-brake mountings? And are they 80mm or 100mm? If the former they'll be a perfect swap, if the latter the On-Ones might quicken your handling a touch. Also, I take it yours only have preload adjustment (no rebound or travel adjustment and no lock-out facility)?

Cheers,
Alex :)

I've a set of project two's if yer interested- I'll dig them oot and check the steerer length- might be short, came of my GF's 14" frame.

I'll have a look at measuring the steerer length over the next few days, the forks are still attached to the bike but the frame size is jumbo ( cannondale's sizing!) so the steerer would have to be long, also I'll be looking to fit V's.

KenG":1c0l0oce said:
I'll have a look at measuring the steerer length over the next few days, the forks are still attached to the bike but the frame size is jumbo ( cannondale's sizing!) so the steerer would have to be long, also I'll be looking to fit V's.

ok, keep us posted squire!

Back