Monday Baiku

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Up above the streets and houses, cross bike climbing high. Me and Mrs Wu today. Talked her out of Uni homework and into a quick glimpse of what nature's offering this morning. Road section. Cold. Hard work. Down lanes. Past cows. Past anglers. Past sunday awakenings. Up the South Downs Way. Road gear ratio isn't as bad as the lack of traction and grip. Wet chalk+30mm tyres=a face of determination. I fought the floor and the floor won. Down fast. Out breaths into the freezing air with the rythm and power of a steam train. Spin back along side my soulmate. Our bikes converse in ticks and creaks. They're friends, but don't get to ride together often enough. Home. Tea. Lunch. Grand Prix. Best ride of my life.

Attachments

• bars.jpg
    bars.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 500
  • bikes.jpg
    bikes.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 499
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 498
Goddammit Gus, your photos are really not good for my homesickness! It's amazing how much you actually miss seasons...

seasons and countryside. Not much else about this place to make you wish you were here mate.

*...get one of our ltd edition calendars for real atmosphere bike pics...

*(that was a subliminal advertising blipvert)

;)

From saturday
Running late, no change there. 17miles and 24minutes, its still on :twisted: Birthday cake. Downhill start, downhill?? Boggy off camber climb. Cold air on lungs, brilliant sunny morning, yet still october. Quiet roads. Waterfalls at Cauldron Snout. Ford crossings, don't wimp out and take the bridge. High Cup Nick opening in front of you. Blast down to Dufton, the Yeti dances. Girlfriend breaks some spokes. Climb up tarmac to Dunfell. Try to get back before the light fades. Coffee and cake with friends. 6degress C. Back in time for rugby.

1712468491_30bab2ab16.jpg

1713667230_f22517b599.jpg

1713958066_2f22235353.jpg

1714599218_c0c9ea87ea.jpg

1713864833_3527b86786.jpg

More Here

Latest posts

Back